lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: troubleshooting a G1 that won't fire

If the oil injection works it takes a long time to prime as it pumps very little oil. IIRC you can pressurize the muffler hose to make it pump full rate with a vacuum pump. It runs something like 100:1 until you gas it and it senses pressure in the exhaust, then it puts more oil in.

We always washed out the case with gas or diesel, and poured it out upside down, repeat. Rinse it with premix when ready to put it back together, I just mixed a small amount (a cup?) at 4:1 or something to oil it up and shook it around in there. Then put it back together.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #22
butterball
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Today I took a long ride in the old G1, and it ran great. I just have one more question. My fuel pump will lift fuel up into the carb, but it won't pull it from the tank down to the pump itself. Is that normal? I forced a little fuel into the filter and from there it seemed to siphon enough fuel from the tank to keep it running. What do I need to do to insure a good siphon action from the fuel tank to the pump
butterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterball View Post
Today I took a long ride in the old G1, and it ran great. I just have one more question. My fuel pump will lift fuel up into the carb, but it won't pull it from the tank down to the pump itself. Is that normal? I forced a little fuel into the filter and from there it seemed to siphon enough fuel from the tank to keep it running. What do I need to do to insure a good siphon action from the fuel tank to the pump
Did you take it apart and clean it? Did you replace the fuel lines? You might have to replace the suction line in the tank, mine did the same thing and it was leaking suction out of the in tank lines. Did you replace ALL the little rubber vacuum lines below the carb? All of the rubber/plastic lines are subject to leakage and will cause this kind of problem.

If you do all that and still have a problem....replace fuel pump. You can get a cheap one at your local tractor dealer or on fleabay.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
butterball
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I wish that I had removed it and cleaned it while I had the engine out, but I didn't. It appears to me that you can't get to the 2 mounting screws while the engine is in place, so I might have to remove it again. I did replace the pulse hose. I examined all of the hoses on the suction side of the pump and replaced all of the clamps. I didn't replace all of the lines though.
My pump mounting screws are phillips head and the bottom one is almost impossible to get to. Do I need to remove the engine to get the screws out, or am I just acting stupid??
Old 08-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterball View Post
I wish that I had removed it and cleaned it while I had the engine out, but I didn't. It appears to me that you can't get to the 2 mounting screws while the engine is in place, so I might have to remove it again. I did replace the pulse hose. I examined all of the hoses on the suction side of the pump and replaced all of the clamps. I didn't replace all of the lines though.
My pump mounting screws are phillips head and the bottom one is almost impossible to get to. Do I need to remove the engine to get the screws out, or am I just acting stupid??
You can reach them with the air filter removed but you can't see the bottom one. First I would pull the fuel line from the carb and prime the pump several times to get all the air out. Stick a clean fuel hose in the tank vent and blow or use compressed air but be careful not to expand the tank too much. Then hook the line back to the carb and prime again. It helps to have clear fuel line from the pump to the carb to see if there is any air or if fuel is back flowing thru the pump. If you are getting air it is likely a leak, if backflow it's likely a dirty pump or bad pump.
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
butterball
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Those sound like great ideas. I will try them before I remove the pump.
Thanks
Old 09-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #27
butterball
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: troubleshooting a G1 that won't fire

I went ahead and ordered a new fuel pump and installed it. I also re-plumbed everything back to the fuel tank. Everything is fine now, the old G1 starts easily and runs great. This site has helped me a lot, and I'm appreciative.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Hey glad we could fix it for you! LOL
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha