lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteriver23 View Post
Started hearing that ting-ting-ting like somebody shooting BB's inside the clutch. The cover has several dents that look like they were made from the inside. Got to dark tonight to pull the cover but, I've got a feeling the weights
will need replacing so, I've got two questions. 1. do you have to order a bolt puller or does somebody like autozone have a puller that would work & 2. has anybody ever sent a G9 to Plowmans for a rebuild? I noticed on the website they say G16-G22 nothing about the G9. I'll be calling them Monday, just curious
if anybody on here has had a clutch rebuilt by Plowmans
I sent them the clutch from the 22 I picked up and was quite pleased. $150 plus shipping both ways.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Is there some special way to get that big bolt loose so you can remove the outer clutch and install new weights? I'm assuming I have to wedge something in there to keep the thing from rotating while I try to loosen the bolt! HEAT???
Thanks
JP
whiteriver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #13
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok, so I know the answer-go buy an impact wrench! Does anybody know what
size that bolt is so I can get the correct sized socket?
Thanks
JP
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you look around should be able to get some deep impact 1/2 metric set for like $20. I use them all the time, lot of car wheels take them, etc. I don't know the size but never had a cheap impact break its usually near as much to buy a single socket or two. Amazon has a set for $18 free ship if you buy $25 of the free ship stuff.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks sho,
I saw them $17.76. That bolt is a right hand thread?
JP
Old 08-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes RH thread, standard. It should not be that tight but they get sticky after being in there for decades. Difficult to grab the clutch without breaking it, Would be better to grab the flywheel on the other side.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You mean like wedge a piece of wood in flywheel then smack the other side with the impact wrench? With all the luck )bad( I've been having with this project I'll probably bust a fin!
Appreciate all your help.
JP
Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok, making some progress! Got the new weights in the mail today, no trouble heating/removing the set screws to remove the lower pin. Can't see anything holding the upper pin so, how does that one come out? It's the upper pin in the picture. The one with the collar on it.
Thanks
JP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight.jpg (138.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Never mind, I found the set screws on the backside. Somebody said this was tedious, I've got another term but it would probably be censored out! I did discover that one of those little micro torches, benzomatic works great for heating up metal in a confined space.
JP
Old 08-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Haha, you got that right! I made plastic bushings for part of mine and ran it one summer that way before it broke again. Me and another guy spent half a day messing with it and parts from another one. Next time I found some good used weights so its nice now until it wears through the sheave. That is third time I put weights in it, or maybe fourth not sure.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha