lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 club car will not move

Hi guys
My elderly neighbor at our campground asked me to look at his cart this evening.
It will not go in forward or reverse but it seems like it is trying to move, it slightly goes forward or reverse(about an inch or so then nothing). It is a 94 club car 36 volt series cart. I checked the pack voltage and it is slightly over 40 volts. I checked each of the batteries with a load tester and they all were good. He said that after it would not move, he accidentally tried to move it with the charger plugged in and it moved forward as normal before he realized that it was plugged in and stopped it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
jmarkklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 94 club car will not move

Is that 40 volts with the charger plugged in? 36 volt pack is 100% fully charged at 38.6 volts. Please provide serial number so we can zero in. Do batts have 3 or 4 fill holes per battery. 40 volts would be dead batts for a 48 volt cart. Need some more details. 94 DS shouldd be a 48 volt controller cart and this was 1st or 2nd year for this switch from 36 volt resistor cart to 48 volt controller cart.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
crash test dummy

scooter he said its a 94 club car ds 36 volt series cart
89-03 36 volt electric club car has a Solid State controller or resistor set up
48 volt started 95
but i would guess the 40volts is before resting ... i would put it on charge and let it go till charger shuts off .. then let it rest 12hrs and take readings .. i have moved a cart before while plugged in .. now i loop cord through the steering wheel
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mis read, well, mis comprehended.
My bad
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Crash Test, you are the man. The cart had just been charged when we took the pack voltage measurement. We let it sit overnight and it dropped to 35.8, we checked the voltage of each battery and one of them was under 4 volts. We found a used replacement battery for $25 and it runs like it should. The batteries are over 5 years old, so he is buying a new set of 6 next week. Thanks again!
jmarkklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car