lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
KPR
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 Club Car Modifications

So my boss has handed over a 1988 Club Car for me to fix and modify so that we can use it for tours of our facility. He would like to add a rear seat so that 4 people can ride at once. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I put a small lift kit with heavy duty leaf springs on the rear? Upgrade the motor and do one of Scotty B's speed controller conversion kits? Any advice would be appreciated. We are not looking to spend a lot but would like to have something nice. Thanks
KPR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88 Club Car.jpg (184.6 KB, 0 views)
KPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 Club Car Modifications

I have an 88 and wanted to do the same thing but just to much money at this time......I do believe a converted cart would be better than a newer one (no computer, a lot less wiring and so forth) but by the time I bought the conversion kit, 6 new 8 volts and a charger it wasn't in my budget at this time.....I still would like to do it though......but for your needs (touring the grounds) you could by something newer and ready to go for less I would think....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

if its flat ground and not 4 giant people it may be ok.....ive had a lot on my stock 88 before....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
KPR
Not Yet Wild

Thought I would post a few pics of the progress made so far. The cart is disassembled down to the frame. Next will be to remove the corroded aluminum battery supports and weld some new ones in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Frame 1.jpg (191.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Frame 2.jpg (195.0 KB, 0 views)
KPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

HD rear leafs for the rear seat addition-yes.
Rear Lift or lift kit is optional.
You could send your 36V motor to Plum Quick for a rebuild for more torque for the load.
Or do a ScottyB conversion to electronic controller and use stock motor.
Both can be done keeping your cart at 36V so as to utilize your current battery charger.
Check with both for input and costs.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car