lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 Precedent Clunking Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
I got a chance to look under my cart and here's what I found may be making the sound. Forgive the lack of mechanics language but I'll describe as best I can.

The bottom bar(leaf spring?) has an oval shaped metal piece with a bolt through it that's where the play is. Is that piece where a rubber bushing is supposed to be? If so it's gone.

Hope this is clear enough for someone to understand and possibly help. Thanks!
. . . the leaf spring should have a urethane bushing on each side where bolt passes thru, on both passenger/driver sides, with a steel sleeve in between them . . check the other side of leaf spring to see if those bushings are present/missing there . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
gadavis
Gone Wild

Cap end was away from the wheel bearings and bearing case was about half filled with bearings. I'm not sure but that doesn't seem right. When I wiggled the part with the lug nut studs there was a little play maybe 1/4-1/2".

The bottom bar(leaf spring?) has an oval shaped metal piece with a bolt through it that's where the play is. Is that piece where a rubber bushing is supposed to be? If so it's gone.

Don't quite understand what you are implying about the bearing case. If you are saying that the bearing rollers are loose in the middle of the wheel hub, then you have bearing failure. The oval shaped piece of metal you are referring to is the camber adjuster for setting the front wheels vertical.

Sounds like the four(4) 3/8" grade 8 bolts that hold the spring and the bottom spring holder plate to the frame are loose. Be sure these are replaced with grade 8 bolts to provide the necessary strength needed to keep the front end tight and use self locking steel nuts, not the nylon lock type nuts. We have problems with this some at the golf course I work at and these needed to be checked every time you service the cart and grease the front spindles.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
Slats
Getting Wild

The second part I think is the bushings on the knuckle/spindle assy that go into the leaf spring. That is where the play is.

I found a good site with the illustrated parts list so now I can possibly use the right language. Thanks!
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
Slats
Getting Wild

Success! Leaf spring bushing replacement did it! When I went to local Club Car joint here in Orlando picked up bushings and two club car stock hub caps(see previous thread) $20 total. How do you beat that! Thanks everyone.
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
Success! Leaf spring bushing replacement did it! When I went to local Club Car joint here in Orlando picked up bushings and two club car stock hub caps(see previous thread) $20 total. How do you beat that! Thanks everyone.
. . . cheap fixes are the best . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car