lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16 only runs full throttle with choke pulled

bigb,,, i agree, it does sound like a fuel pump, if everything else is clean, especally blow out the vacume line from pump that goes to engine;;;;;; sounds like when you pull the choke out you are pulling the fuel''' vacume problem?? opps, i just went back, missed the part where you swaped carbs,, if thats the case,, you put enough into it,, buy a new carb''''''''''''''''' good luck
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 AM   #12
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 only runs full throttle with choke pulled

Quote:
Originally Posted by waf8607 View Post
Have a Yamaha G16 it bogs down at half to full throttle, when choking it runs excellent. I have read alot of posts about it being many different things, but what I did quickly to narrow the problem down to the carb it self and not intake, gaskets, vacuum leaks etc... I have 2 G16 carts one runs good other one doesn't like I mentioned, I swapped carbs and the problem followed the bad carb, so I know the problem is the carb. Removed all jets and completely disassembled it and blew it all out with compressor prob 3x now and still same problem, it only runs good with choke pulled. Could the jets be bad since I know they are clean, having blew it out 3x? Thank you in advance.
It sounds like fuel starvation. If you have to hold the choke your not getting enough fuel. Or there is still a vacuume leak. Try just gravity feeding the fuel to the carb. Use a portable tank and mount it above. Bypass the fuel pump and go right to the carb. If it still does it then you have other problems.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha