lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation want to put a roll cage on my g16.

I would love some plans or something.I found one bolt on and it was $700.00 NO WAY!!!I would think I could weld one up cheaper than that.Any one done it for a g16?
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: want to put a roll cage on my g16.

Wheelchairman had one custom built for his Prohauler which is somewhat similar in design. Unfortunately it was stolen. Here's a link with pic's:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...er-1000-a.html

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Roll cages cost money and time to build. In my shop, I have a $60,000.00 bender, with dies costing up to $6,000.00 each, pipe can run up to $3.00 / foot (average cage will use 60 ft) and usually takes about 8 hours to build a one off cage. Don't forget about paint or powder coating. Also consider that a standard sun top runs around $250.00 and an extended roof kit runs $425.00. A 'bolt together' cage for $700.00 seems very fair - plain - but very fair. Oh yea - welders cost money to buy and to run, too. If you want a custom cage, made from true cage material, then plan on a minumim charge of $950.00 raw metal...

Just my 2 cents for all those out there that have the talent, material, equipment and time.

$700.00 sounds better and better to me!!!
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
dfmiddle
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

just make sure they bolt down to the tubing and not to the tin floor board
dfmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If the G-16 is like my G-20 limo and I think it is the factory mounting points are not going to do any good to put a real roll cage on anyway. Mine was just a place for the top and windshield to fit, made out of ridge alum. conduit.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rollcage, upper brushguard
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha