lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
CC glocker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Stereo installed today. Anyone else fabricate there own mount and location?

I just didn't like the options for stereo mounts for the precedent. I didn't want it over head and the dash mount dash uses up too much useable space. I may still get a dash cover but I would like the 4 cup dash cover with the lockable doors.

Anyhow, this is what I came up with. The mount is an aluminum sign that I cut to fit the inside dash. It's really nothing spectacular but I think the dash cover will make it look a lot cleaner.

The speakers sound great between the seats.

CC glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stereo installed today. Anyone else fabricate there own mount and location?

Nice
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
dogdad11
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stereo installed today. Anyone else fabricate there own mount and location?

Looks good. I have the same radio in my boat. Small but still puts out enough sound, I like it.
dogdad11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
TAT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking where did you get the radio at?
TAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I didn't really fabricate my own but I didn't want a dash or overhead kit either. I used a generic under dash mount I found online. Then I mounted the speakers in the kick panel which required minimal cutting in the battery bay and later mounted a powered bass tube in the space between the seat backs. I have all of it, including my lights, wired to a dedicated battery in the bagwell under the rear seat. Best sounding setup in the campground.

SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
CC glocker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Very nice. I didn't mount my speakers in that location because I didn't see how I could make them fit. Great job on your install.

On a side note; is the fact that my audio system gets its power from my 30 amp inverter and not a dedicated battery, an acceptable way to power it?
CC glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

I posted this in the "what did you do to/for your club car today" thread but this is how I did mine.
I fabricated a speaker/head unit box and slung it under the roof and mounted a powered sub-woofer behind the seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0030.jpg (110.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0032.jpg (130.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0035.jpg (47.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0038.jpg (78.7 KB, 0 views)
tomakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #8
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC glocker View Post
Very nice. I didn't mount my speakers in that location because I didn't see how I could make them fit. Great job on your install.

On a side note; is the fact that my audio system gets its power from my 30 amp inverter and not a dedicated battery, an acceptable way to power it?
That's how I power mine and I've seen no electrical issues so far.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #9
tomakazi
Getting Wild
Club Car

Except it's a voltage reducer and not an inverter. An inverter changes DC to AC.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC glocker View Post

Haha, I mounted my speakers in that location because others didn't see how I could make them fit and told me I couldn't do it. They are great sounding Polk Audio speakers but they are marine grade, shallow mount. The shallowest I could find. I still had to trim the plastic behind them just a little bit on both sides of the magnets but a dremmel tool worked perfectly.

However you get your 12v power is up to you. I would just stay away from using one of the pack batteries if you have the 4x12v setup.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car