lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #21
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: New Addition

After almost 12 hours since the charger shut off, my batteries are only at about 65% . I hope I can bring them back up with a few cycles
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #22
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Took it out for a little ride and it is a lot faster then when I first drove it with the seller. I have it on the charger again in an attempt to restore their capacity
Old 10-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #23
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Have some more questions for you guys. 1: There is a "clicking / growling" noise coming from the rear end / motor. My 99 made the same sort of noise, but my 90, 03, and 08 do not make this noise. Would this be because of the guide ring? 2: I noticed that it has a delay in getting to full speed. It takes off starting a little slow and comes up to full speed, even with WOT. Am I just used to the MCOR system and how those work? Also, I also noticed that the MS in the V-Glide / potentiometer clicks, the solenoid clicks, but the motor doesn't start turning. I have to push the pedal down further for the motor to start turning. I have not opened the potentiometer to inspect but it sounds like I may be missing a resistor on the back side. Does that sound correct?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #24
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

1: is the growling more prevalent when you let off the throttle and/or are at a constant speed?

2: probably just how used to the MCOR you are. When the MS and solenoid click, how much further do you have to press the pedal? What you described is normal as long as you dont have to press it really far before it begins to move.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I don't have to press the pedal further very much before it starts to move. I am probably just used to the MCOR. The noise is mostly all the time except for when coasting
Old 10-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #26
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I don't have to press the pedal further very much before it starts to move. I am propaplt just used to the MCOR. The noise is mostly all the time except for when coasting
Throttle sounds fine, the bottom (maybe bottom two, I can't remember) contact is actually dead for the wiper to rest on so that the microswitch can energize things and then the cart can begin to move, instead of having to start moving as soon as the switch clicks. It's a primitive system when compared to the MCOR, but better than the coil V-glides.

If the noise was mostly absent on acceleration, but you hear it when coasting or when letting off the throttle, I'd say it was a guide ring problem. I can't actually remember if these motors even have the ring, I'm thinking the 95s should have a solid shaft motor (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!), it may need a centering kit in lieu of the guide ring - I've replaced guide rings before but never done a centering kit.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #27
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

The motor has the ring. I think my next step is to pull the motor and inspect the ring. It does not effect the drivability of the cart, I drove my 99 for a year with the same issue, it's just annoying to listen to
Old 10-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #28
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
The motor has the ring. I think my next step is to pull the motor and inspect the ring. It does not effect the drivability of the cart, I drove my 99 for a year with the same issue, it's just annoying to listen to
Couldn't remember when CC started ringing the motors and when they switched back to solid shaft. I agree, it doesn't really hurt, it's just annoying. I replaced one that was making a HORRIBLE racket once and it quieted it right down, funny thing was the ring didn't even look that bad! Good thing is it isn't a very expensive part, and once you get the motor out getting the old ring out is the worst part. Ya gotta break the old one and dig it out with a screwdriver.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #29
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I think it was around 98-99 when CC went back to using centering kits w/ solid shaft
Old 10-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #30
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Just ordered a relay for the charger. The charger worked when it was plugged in at the sellers place, but has not worked since then. Other chargers worked on the cart, so I figured it was the relay. Jumped the relay and the charger works fine. Still have yet to pull the motor and inspect the guide ring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car