lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
digthis
Not Yet Wild

Default reverse alarm

Have a 2011 txt pds ezgo, Does someone know the quickest way to turn reverse alarm off! Please! also is there a diagram showing the routing of a 6 led light to the headlight section, would like both to come on at the same time tia :)
digthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: reverse alarm

6 led to front? Not sure what you mean. A "series" ezgo has the reverse beeper on the paassnger side at the F&r, a PDS car has its behind the cupholders. Either unplug a wire or put tape over the hole to dull the noise (safer).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:09 AM   #3
digthis
Not Yet Wild

I have a 6 led light that I would like to put on the front of the golf cart, looking for easiest way to connect to headlights so all comes on at the same time. :)

!
digthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:12 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You can connect directly to the headlight wires. The leds wont overload the OEM light harness (assuming thats what you have, with a fuse panel on the drivers side rear fender "under seat area" with glass fuses). If you have some cheapo light system, all bets are off. Some of the aftermarket systems have super-small wires. Either way, avoid these failure-prone "scotch lock" connectors for your added wires, shown below. Its difficult to make a perfect connection in a damp area (grass clippings & mud), even with soldered connections and heatshrink, but these are the worst, cant be sealed at all. Worst connectors ever for long term reliability!. You might want to consider going all LED, light bar in the front, led in the rear, i did, i would not want to go back to the "old style" bulbs. (too many burned out brake light bulbs, and im street-legal, thats no good). Awesome headlights & no more burned-out brake bulb replacement. Yamaha gassers charge battery pretty hot (if you dont adjust it). After you work on carts for a while, you hate those "scotch locks". Sometimes, cart with a "not working right" light system comes in, i see a dozen of those right of the bat, i say "if you want a working light system, i'll build you one, but there is nothing i can do with this hacked-up system". Dont make your cart one of the "un-fixable" ones. Unless a rewire is already in your future. If you cant tell yet, do it right, avoid paying me the money for a new light harness (i'll make it, i did it before the OEMs did it regularly, and i will charge). I dont mind helping here at all, i love my profession, but if you have hacks "work on" your stuff, or let corrosion eat everything, its gonna cost....OK, done with my rant, see you tomorrow, with more help, or....... Sorry i kinda went off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FD-1290blauw.jpg.cf.jpg (13.1 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:16 AM   #5
crash test dummy

the reverse buzzer is not for your benefit it is for others that don't know your backing up
removing it or muting it down makes you liable for all injures you will cause

DO NOT MESS WITH A SAFETY FEATURE !!!!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #6
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
the reverse buzzer is not for your benefit it is for others that don't know your backing up
removing it or muting it down makes you liable for all injures you will cause

DO NOT MESS WITH A SAFETY FEATURE !!!!
i know this is supposed to be serious, but pretty darn funny considering your screen name.
BIGBONVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Just put some tape over the hole on the buzzer to tone it down some. Do not disconnect it! You need to know when your cart is in reverse.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #8
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Just put some tape over the hole on the buzzer to tone it down some. Do not disconnect it! You need to know when your cart is in reverse.
I've use the aluminum duct tape over mine, it was just right, loud enough it hear it but not deafening!
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #9
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBONVI View Post
i know this is supposed to be serious, but pretty darn funny considering your screen name.
it is one of my pet peeves
lost a $500 deal cause guy wanted reverse buzzer cut off
i live and work in a retirement community ... we have had 2 accidents due to no back up alarm in the last year
my handle on other sites is Cowboy
i did crash because i had just been in a wreak when i got my first (free) cart and found BGW
Old 07-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And I watched my young daughter almost get run over by a cart with no reverse buzzer. She got lucky and saw it move and jumped but still got knocked down.. Was not something a father likes seeing. Go with the tape. If you run your hand between the cowl and water shield right above the right front tire you should be able to feel it mounted to the side of the right glovebox cubby.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO