lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default SB-50 plug

my golf cart has a SB-50 plug at present its 36 volts. I am starting my planning stage for my upgrade. I will get with scotty about one of his kits in time as the cash flow comes in. as long as I dont pi-- off the wife. I want to add 2 more batteries in the bag well going to 48 volts. as time goes by I run across battery chargers in the park where I live. Is it possible to change the plug on say a club car charger to the SB-50 plug as long as its 48 volts.?

If I'm correct Scotty has controller kits that can start at 36volts and then 48 volts as the upgrade goes on.

One more question is can my stock motor be used for 48 volts.
(95 ezgo)
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SB-50 plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
my golf cart has a SB-50 plug at present its 36 volts. I am starting my planning stage for my upgrade. I will get with scotty about one of his kits in time as the cash flow comes in. as long as I dont pi-- off the wife. I want to add 2 more batteries in the bag well going to 48 volts. as time goes by I run across battery chargers in the park where I live. Is it possible to change the plug on say a club car charger to the SB-50 plug as long as its 48 volts.?

If I'm correct Scotty has controller kits that can start at 36volts and then 48 volts as the upgrade goes on.

One more question is can my stock motor be used for 48 volts.
(95 ezgo)
I'm not familiar with which CC charger is which, but some of them need the OBC (On Board Computer) in the cart to run, so they wouldn't work for your application.

As for other chargers, most will work, or can be made to work, with a SB-50 plug.

Be sure the tell Scotty you are planning to run 36V now and 48V later.
Many aftermarket controllers will work at 36V to 48V and anywhere in between but not many solenoids will. The Super-Duty one he sells does. I've used it at 36V and 42V so far.

The stock motor will run at 48V. It'll have about 33% more speed and about 33% more torque at 48V than it has at 36V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SB-50 plug

All of the Club Car 48v chargers require an on board computer in the cart to run. It's not a good choice for a 48v upgrade. Find a DPI, Lester, or Yamaha 48v.
Your stock control will not handle 48v.
All of the controls I sell will run on 36 - 48v.
Thank you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO