lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default I got a deal (steal) on a motor and controller What kind of speed can I get with it?

I was browsing craigslist and saw an ad for ezgo motor and controller for $300. That's all it said. I called the guy up, and it turns out he took the cart in trade for $600 worth of mechanic work. the owner couldn't come up with the money to get it back or fix it.

The owner broke the front spindle, and it needed a new battery tray. He let me pretty much strip it for $420 here's what I bought.

650 amp alltrax controller
Emp upgraded motor
2 awg welding wire throughout the cart
48v solenoid
Heavy duty f/r
Eagle 48v charger
Old ezgo timer 36v charger (probably broken)

I'm hoping it all works, it looks great no burns or corrosion anywhere.
It's going on a 36v stock ezgo series cart.

If I get all this worKing, and upgrade to 48v, what kind of speed and torque am I looking at? I want to stay stlock height with 12" wheels.

It came out of a 95 ezgo setup for off-road / hunting
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #2
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I got a deal (steal) on a motor and controller What kind of speed can I get with

Speed depends on overall tire height. There is a calculator on the site that can help you figure the final number. Ive read that 6500 is the max RPM that you will want to run. You got a fantastic deal! Congratulations.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I got a deal (steal) on a motor and controller What kind of speed can I get with

We can't answer your question because we know nothing about the motor. It could be wound for low rpm high torque or low torque high rpm. Can you ID the motor model #?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We can't answer your question because we know nothing about the motor. It could be wound for low rpm high torque or low torque high rpm. Can you ID the motor model #?

Old 08-12-2015, 03:08 AM   #5
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

I figured out a little more about the motor. It's a 2 stage emp motor. What I thought was a f/r switch is the torque/speed switch they sell.

How does it compare to a plum quick motor? I live not too far from them and was going to see how much it would run to do a proper install on it all.

I really don't want to screw it up.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #6
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have been very impressed with my EMP two speed. I get a pretty constant 20 mph in speed mode and 16 in torque. Considering I'm still 36 volt, that's not too bad. If you look at my avatar you'll see I am running 12 inch wheels with lo pro tires, (215/40/12). Total height is approx. 19 inches.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:25 AM   #7
Glen Fraser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same motor on 36v 23in wheels 400 amp controller 23mph
Glen Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The 48 volt solenoid may not work at 36 volts. You'll have to look it up. You'll also have to look up the controller and see if it can be programmed for 36 volts. Sounds like the cart may have been upgraded to 48 volts, since he has a good 48 volt charger, but an old 36 volt charger, but just guessing.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #9
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

I'm figuring out closer to what I'm going to go with now.

48v solenoid
650 amp axe alltrax controller
2 stage emp motor 36v
6, 8v batteries for 48v Trojans
Upgrade cables to 2awg
Heavy duty f/r
215/50/12 tires for 20.5 inches on stock height.

I'm possible thinking about a small lift to get 22" street/turf tires, would it make a noticeable difference?

I'm trying to get to 30mph. Is it possible with this setup?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO