lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Well, I'm back..... got a few questions on lift kits

Well guys, after a couple of years, I'm back. Found this forum a few years ago when I bought my first cart (2001.5 ez-go). With the help from everyone on here, I built it from the ground up.

Long story short, I had built it to take hunting some and mess around the neighborhood with. Anyways, just didn't work out hunting, so I ended up selling it to get my RZR. Well, RZR is in the garage, and we just moved houses to a really nice neighborhood where a lot of people have golf carts. I don't feel like driving the RZR around everytime I want to go down the street to friends and family, so got back in the game and bought another cart yesterday. Its another 2001 with brand new batteries.

Im looking to do the same as I did with my last cart aside from Rhino lining the body and I'm going to put a back seat instead of the cargo bed.

My question is have any of you every put a lift kit from a company called Steeleng? I searched without much luck. Also, just to save your fingers some typing, I know all of the "you get what you pay for (which I don't always think is the case, but sometimes is)". Ive just looked around some and they seem to be priced very well on wheels and tires. I've also found another thread on here about someone who bought one of their rear seats and said it worked great.

Im curious if anyone has dealt with them and actually PUT their 6" lift on their cart. They sell it for $160. Im sure its not as good as the Jakes lift or anything, for the record, I had the Jake's lift on my last cart and was very happy with it without a single issue. Just curious if anyone has dealt with them and is actually running one of their lifts on their cart. If I can't find out much, I'll just wind up going with the Jake's again.

Sorry for the long post, its good to be back.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Well, I'm back..... got a few questions on lift kits

I looked in to this kit when I purchased my lift a few weeks ago. I went with the All Sports drop axle lift because it came with new spindles. I paid $209 shipped, so not much more than the Steeleng lift. The All Sports looks to be good quality but time will tell. Cart is currently a rolling frame so haven't tested it yet.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

I deal with Steeleng a lot. His products are very good quality. When I had a TXT I had his lift kit installed on it. They are in Greenville SC. They also provide excellent customer service via phone, and they answer the phone all day. I don't think you can go wrong there. His 6" kit is the one I had. Also, call them and order direct. You can probably get a better price calling as they have lots of specials. I also had the Steeleng wheels and tires on my cart, they were top notch too!
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Good to know Matt. I'll look into it as well. Where did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking?

And thanks cartattach, sounds good. Their 6" kit looks like a knock off of the Jakes. I mean, this is just a neighborhood cart, so won't see off road, just don't want to put something on with cheap welds and stuff that i'd have to go back and reinforce either. Just not much on the company (aside from eBay) which is a little leary in itself.

Also, I'm looking at drop axle lifts, not just spindle lift. To me (and this may be a stupid question), but why is a spindle lift more expensive than the drop axle? Would the drop axle not be more durable and safer? Just seems that spindle lift is less hardware and material also.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
dankfoot
Getting Wild

I got there back seat a week or so ago. Very fast shipping and pretty good quality. Having said that I would have spent a little more for a more well known name brand.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

As in "pretty good quality" (as in I'm looking at that as well), what do you mean. Is it worth another $100+ for a more well known one?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #7
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
Good to know Matt. I'll look into it as well. Where did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking?

And thanks cartattach, sounds good. Their 6" kit looks like a knock off of the Jakes. I mean, this is just a neighborhood cart, so won't see off road, just don't want to put something on with cheap welds and stuff that i'd have to go back and reinforce either. Just not much on the company (aside from eBay) which is a little leary in itself.

Also, I'm looking at drop axle lifts, not just spindle lift. To me (and this may be a stupid question), but why is a spindle lift more expensive than the drop axle? Would the drop axle not be more durable and safer? Just seems that spindle lift is less hardware and material also.
I purchased mine from a seller on eBay. You order direct from All Sports for $219.

This is the one I went with:

http://www.americanliftkits.com/e-z-...dles-lift-kit/

You're looking for 6", so this one is only 5". I just installed 23" tires on 14" wheels. Not sure how big you're planning on running.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #8
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, 6" lift and 23" tires on 12" wheels is what I'm probably going to go with like my last cart. Did some more looking around on steeleng on here and there is actually some good reviews on them. I found your thread as well. I got an email into them and hopefully will talk to them tomorrow.

Hell, I just saw they are actually sponsors on here, lol.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #9
dankfoot
Getting Wild

NickS,

I went with the Dimond plate flip down because of the looks. I didn't think about the Dimond plate being kind of thin. The flip seats with the thick plastic are a lot more stout.

The step up on the Steeleng IMO could be stronger.

The Steeleng also has a 90° bracket where the strap is to unfold the seat. This bracket is used for the grab bar. It pinches the $hit out of me every time I flip the seat down.

I am only comparing the Steeleng seat to (I think) the mad jax swat that is on my cart at the beach.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #10
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ah, I got ya
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO