lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #11
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Well, I'm back..... got a few questions on lift kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
Yeah, 6" lift and 23" tires on 12" wheels is what I'm probably going to go with like my last cart. Did some more looking around on steeleng on here and there is actually some good reviews on them. I found your thread as well. I got an email into them and hopefully will talk to them tomorrow.

Hell, I just saw they are actually sponsors on here, lol.
Ha yes I was considering them for the price. Decided to go another direction because I wanted new spindles along with the axle. I think you'll be ok especially since it's going to be a neighborhood cruiser. I'm in the same boat as you. Im building a street queen but it looks like an off-road machine.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #12
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

I wouldn't use a spindle kit. They seem to have more alignment issues over time. A minimum 10 inch wheel is required for spindle kits, 8 inch will not fit.

And I'd imagine the reason spindle kits are more is there is a great deal of metal in the spindle that had to be formed and welded, whereas drop axles are nearly identical to stock production units. I personally am not a fan of Jakes stuff. I've found it to be subpar on a few occasions though many folks seem to like it. I'm also far more fond of double A Arm kits with camber adjustments on the front end but that isn't available to the TXT

Having seen a reference to madjax, I can tell you the Steeleng kit is all but identical to the madjax kit, but half the price. I have installed both. I am a madjax dealer if that helps you get where I'm coming from. I love madjax, they are awesome and their service is amazing. But I have used several makers over the years just trying stuff out. Most all of the kits are made identical and packaged differently. It's a personal decision to buy brand names or not, and in some cases it is better.....it some cases its not. But either way, I can assure you that Steeleng stands behind his products.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #13
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Good to know. Just waiting to hear back from them. They have a section on their website for "package" deals (wheels, tires, and lift kit) but it's blank under ezgo electric. So wondering if they do any deals and any discount for forum members.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #14
dankfoot
Getting Wild

BTW, I think Steeleng also has the back seat with the plastic and not the Dimond plate.

As far as lifts I think I'm going with All Sports.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #15
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, thanks for the help and info. Just ordered their 6" lift and 23" AT tires in 12" Fang wheels. They (Ryan over there) were great to deal with over the phone and knocked some more off for being a member on this forum. Should be here next week....
Old 09-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #16
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well, thanks for the help and info. Just ordered their 6" lift and 23" AT tires in 12" Fang wheels. They (Ryan over there) were great to deal with over the phone and knocked some more off for being a member on this forum. Should be here next week....
That's awesome. There are two guys, Ryan and another, can't for the life of me call his name at the moment. Steeleng also makes a rear seat that keeps the rear basket, which is eliminated by most models
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #17
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep, ordered it last friday (with monday being a holiday), and it was on my front door tuesday. Going to try and get it all on this weekend when I get some time.

Also will be ordering their back seat from them as well.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #18
biggie1976
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A friend got.tires wheels and his lift for 700 bucks. He is very pleased with it.
biggie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #19
FLmedic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your package? Looking t get a lift a new tires for my cart soon.
FLmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #20
dc_customdesign
Getting Wild

NickS, how's that package treating you? I'm thinking of ordering soon. Do you have a number to reach them? I think I looked, but couldn't find it. I'll search again. Just want to see if you're still happy with the lift quality (as well as the wheels and tires!). Thanks!!
dc_customdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO