lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 E-Z-Go 956E

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsed View Post
18% is too high a price to pay! so now I/we are completely rethinking this whole lift kit big tire idea

Option #2 Larger wheel with low profile wheel.
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=56546

This page says no lift required but I dont see where this is a total of 18" in diameter........will these work on my cart?
In and of itself, lifting doesn't effect speed or torque, it only raises the center of gravity, which reduces stability.

The max tire height without lifting is about 20" for regular golf carts, so I suspect it would be about the same for a 956E.

The size given for the tires linked to is 205/50-10, which translates to about 18". (205mm width at sidewall. Rim to Tread height is 50% of width. Rim is 10".)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #12
sandbum76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I own a 956E and just added a new motor and control to go 25mph max. I'm concerned about the steering as well. Any thoughts? There's about an 1.5" of play in the steering / not good at 25mph :(

Tackle sway bar or steering box first???
sandbum76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Have someone spin the steering wheel back & forth, just in that 1.5" play area, while you look under the cart to see if you can determine where the slop is.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO