lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #11
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: electric motor trouble shooting

So 2 green and 3 red high throttle over range. Does that make sense with the voltage reading from the throttle box wires? And if so, does that mean the controler is not allowing the motor to run to avoid damage?
Onehittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #12
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JONNIEB,
Between M- & B- when solenoid clicks I get full voltage but the voltage dose not decresa.to zero as you depress the pedal the voltage does not change.
At the white and black wires from pedal box it starts at 20.3 v and as pedal is depressed goes to 10.6 v.

LED- inital solenoid click 4 green pause 2 green 3 red repetitive
Old 12-28-2015, 02:50 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I believe if the controller senses an error code it pretty much ignores any input. The code you have indicates a high throttle. Suggests resetting the auto calibration and trying again.. Codes are here http://alltraxinc.com/Products_SPM.html
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #14
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Kgsc, thanks for the info. Not sure how to reset the auto calibration. Saw it suggested that on the web site but I didn't see how.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have not messed with the new controller but there has to be a button somewhere in the configuration software.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:28 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onehittman View Post
JONNIEB,
Between M- & B- when solenoid clicks I get full voltage but the voltage dose not decresa.to zero as you depress the pedal the voltage does not change.
At the white and black wires from pedal box it starts at 20.3 v and as pedal is depressed goes to 10.6 v.

LED- inital solenoid click 4 green pause 2 green 3 red repetitive
The Error code is for "High Throttle Over range" and the throttle voltage measured is, in fact, over range.

If you have the stock 6-pin Molex plug connected to controller, disconnect it and run a jumper from the solenoid's small terminal with two red wires on it to Pin-4 of the pins the connector was removed from. The controller will power up when pedal is pushed.

If the LED goes to steady green, the problem is in the wiring.
If the error code still flashes, the controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:46 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onehittman View Post
Kgsc, thanks for the info. Not sure how to reset the auto calibration. Saw it suggested that on the web site but I didn't see how.
The Clear Auto Cal is in a sub-menu. See attached.

However, the throttle voltages you have are royally screwed up and likely to be outside the range of the Auto-Cal process.

Hopefully the in-line connector between the controller and pedal box got wet or damaged and the battery voltage going to or from the pedal switch is bleeding into the ITS circuit, giving you the outrageously high voltages you are reading between the black and white throttle (ITS) wires.

Getting water got inside the pedal box can also cause this type problem.

Basically if the extra voltage isn't coming from cross-talk in the control wiring, it is originating inside the controller, which means the controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clear Throttle Auto Cal.jpg (193.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #18
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Guys,
I will try to get to this tomorrow. If I do, I will let you know what I find.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #19
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry it has taken so long to update. Actually it's not much of an update I have not had time to do any more diagnosis but the cart is working now. I have to believe, it's what Johnnie B said, water in the in line connector. It sat several days with no rain and it started working. When I actually can do some work on it I will update what if anything I find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO