lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What solenoid to Choose

Just got an alltaxx 450 amp controller and looking for a reccomendation on a solenoid type and where to buy. 2000 txt series cart 36 volt with motor upgrade. Thank you
crowe211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What solenoid to Choose

Alltrax makes a 400a control in series and sepex and they make a 500a control in series and sepex. Use 200a solenoid for the 400a unit and a 400a solenoid for the 500a unit. Not sure what you got? Post the full model # here. Looking for the lowest price on solenoid resistor and diode on the net? Go here > (see below)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #3
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

model number is AXE7245P. Scotty you have been great with all your replies. I feel like I find myself with the desire to just keep going with upgrades. I guess you can say I caught the golf cart bug. Here is where I am at. I purchased an upgraded motor from EMP and installed it with factory controller curtis pmc 275 amp, stock solenoid i assume and stock f&r switch. I installed the motor and drove the cart around achieved 22-23 mph and I was happy. I then decided to drive cart on a little longer of a ride maybe 15- 20 mins round trip total of about 3 miles with a hill in between my destination. Well the cart performed fine on the way there and then on the way back it began to be real slow to reach speed and with each stop it took longer and longer and it almost did not make it up the hill. I was wondering if it were the batteries as i constantly hear them gassing (as some have described it) so i used a multimeter right after full charge and got readding on 5 batteries of 6.42 and 1 battery at 6.30. I drove cart around and again after a short while it just started taking longer and longer to reach speed so when i got back i mutlimetered the batteries and got 5 at 6.32 and one at 6.19 volts. The gentle man Chuck at EMP gave me a hell of a deal on this new controller but prior to installing it I am looking at going ahead and purchasing the HD solenoid and FR switch prior to replacing the batteries but may end up doing that as well. I guess it is right what they say in here once you start its hard to stop. Thank you ahead of time for any of your valued input or ideas you might have.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would error on the side of an over-sized solenoid and choose the 400 over the 200. Good luck with the project.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #5
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you've caught the bug, go big! Who knows what you'll decide to do later down the road.
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:09 PM   #6
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

what is your opinion on the batteries? does the problem I am having sound like it could be the batteries or the controller? Id hate to replace the batteries if they are good for a little while?
Old 02-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

How old are the batteries?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #8
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

you know i purchased the cart used and was under the assumption they were 2015 however I can not be certain and really do not see any sort of mark on them. There are four different types of batteries is the one thing i do know. This would leave me to believe that they are not all 2015 batteries.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:53 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

4 different types? That is at best a "can of worms" slowly opening right in front of you (imagine battery whack-a-mole). Clip your meter to just that lowest battery and check it while you drive. It is clearly your worst battery, lets see if it is your whole problem. A new matching set is a solid foundation for a build that you should be planning on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #10
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just thought I would say thank you for responding and share an update. I changed the solenoid and the contoller to the alltrax axe7245 (450 amp) and also went ahead and changed the batteries out. I am not sure which part was the key one to fixing the problem but ****... I am now seeing very consistent power while riding and hitting speeds of 24-26 mph with the motor I purchased from EMP and lots of torque.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO