lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

Default Let the rebuild process begin!

'98 ezgo txt, original BBB design, twin motor, single controller, 4WD cart. All new batteries and cables, will probably need a new winch (since I burned the original one up).
First steps.... Clean everything then test.
I will be looking through all the post for testing, upgrading, and knowledge. I have some mechanical experience but not with an electric cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (170.8 KB, 0 views)
Spitnhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Let the rebuild process begin!

I don't know how to add more pics. Sorry!
Old 03-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

New contactors are in, I'm ready to test the controller and motors. I have the info I need to test the controller but I'm not sure how to test the motors.
I have searched the post and found that I need to identify my system (series or sepex).
I believe I have a sepex system but, I'm not 100% certain. I have a 2004 Bad Boy Buggy classic. It has a F&R switch on the dash but no run/tow switch.
Does anyone know which system my cart has?
Old 03-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Google the Make/Model of the motors and controllers. Whether they are series or sepex should be listed in the description if you can find somebody that sells them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

I have been researching this for some time now, can't seem to find out a clear answer.
Now I can't find the post on here that shows how to test the motors. UGH!!

What will happen if I try to test it as a series motor and it's actually a sepex? would it cause damage to the motors?

Any suggestions?
Old 03-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Post pictures of motors and controllers showing any and all connections as well as any and all labels.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

After numerous phone calls and emails, I was able to obtain more information about the system in my cart. I've since tested both motors and both are fine. I'm replacing both contractors, waiting on the reversing contactor to arrive any day.
Now it's time to get in the dash and check the ignition switch, F&R switch, fuse block, etc.
I did have one of the rear wheels that doesn't want to turn freely, will break it down to see what's happening there. Moving forward!
Old 10-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
Adamg1180
Not Yet Wild

Spitnhit, how are you doing?
I just purchased a 2005 Bad Boy Classic. I plan on going through all of the wiring and replacing any thing that needs it, do you have any advice on what to look for? Any help would be much appreciated.
Adamg1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #9
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I've been gone for so long, medical issues have limited me greatly. I have not made any progress on my cart over the last year.

Earlier this week I started trouble shooting some of the wiring and switches, everything seems ok so far. I'm to the point where I will probably bring the cart to an authorized dealership/repair center. I might be able to get away from doing that if I can located a schematic of the navitas controller.

Does anyone have a copy of the schematic for the SRE-DSE1000-48 controller for the Bad Boy Buggy Classic. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO