lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
abranz
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO PDS intermittent stall-jerk

Hello, new to this forum. Have learned a great deal during the last month of reading here but need help. I have a new to me 09 PDS TXT 36v golf cart. Only mod is the red freedom chip. I accelerates smooth and runs great other than intermittently cutting out for a second or two at 1/2 to full throttle causing the cart to jerk. It does this on level ground sporadically but daily. Batteries are one yr old trojans with no corrosion and fully charged. I replaced the speed sensor and the magnet looked fine. Controller is oe ezgo (curtis I believe). Pedal box ITS and micro switch appear fine and adjusted per ezgo manual. Wiring appears fine without chaffing. I don't know whether its wiring, ignition switch, controller, or ITS. No codes are present. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Anthony
abranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS intermittent stall-jerk

Intermittent problems can be the hardest to pinpoint since they can only be tested for when they are acting up. Can you tell if the solenoid is clicking in and out when the cart is jerking?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
abranz
Not Yet Wild

I cannot hear the solenoid clicking when it acts up while driving probably due to other noise. I can hear it when I initially depress the accelerator though.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
KPengrg
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did this occur prior to making any changes (ie; freedom clip and speed sensor)? I had an annoying intermittent problem as well with my series TXT and traced it back to the key switch...after numerous hair pulling sessions
KPengrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
abranz
Not Yet Wild

I purchased the cart a month ago, started reading here on maintenance, adjusted brakes, changed diff oil. It's been doing it since I bought it and the chip was already there along with what appears to be new solenoid. I noticed the speed sensor looked broken and someone used a paper clip to hold it in. I replaced the sensor and used a proper internal snap ring. Magnet looked fine. I'm a pretty good mechanic and can't see anything else that's been touched but I know very little about electric carts. Somewhere I think on this site I think I read 2009-newer ezgo controllers may not work with the chip so I'm going to remove it when I replace the tires which are dry rotting.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #6
abranz
Not Yet Wild

Follow up: apparently the new speed sensor was bad also. I replaced it with an ezgo branded one which fixed the problem. Talk about frustrating when new electronic pieces aren't good. It sends you down a lot of paths you shouldn't have to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO