lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need help figuring out parts, ezgo txt

I have an Ezgo Txt electric. Not sure on year, missing tags and has modifications. I know its an older model as it has the 3 bolt steering. However, i am unsure what im running. There is what appears to be a Plum Bandit motor on it. I havent gotten to where i can fully see it yet. I have no idea whether it still has the stock controller and solenoid. Im a noob here with carts and any help is appreciated. In one pic there is also appears to be an unhooked ground wire of sorts and no idea where it leads from.

Where do i look to see the controller and solenoid? And is this the stock F/R switch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160528_212245.jpg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
Coleocole is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help figuring out parts, ezgo txt

ThE controller is under that cover to the left. And that looks like a stock F and R switch to me but I am no expert.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
ThE controller is under that cover to the left. And that looks like a stock F and R switch to me but I am no expert.
To remove the cover, it appears it bolts from underneath?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine has a washer and a wingnut on top...on that place that looks different in the middle of the circle on top. Has the bolt been ground off? I can't tell from the pic if it's a different style and the hole is just not drilled out or something?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can look on top of the frame rail next to the right rear tire for an engraved serial number. Cart appears to have the stock FnR switch but look at the puck on the front of it to see how thick the buss bars are. Controller and solenoid are under the rear cover. I believe a 3/8 socket
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You can look on top of the frame rail next to the right rear tire for an engraved serial number. Cart appears to have the stock FnR switch but look at the puck on the front of it to see how thick the buss bars are. Controller and solenoid are under the rear cover. I believe a 3/8 socket
Thanks. Ill look tonight. I havent got to pull the body yet to look for the serial.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleocole View Post
In one pic there is also appears to be an unhooked ground wire of sorts and no idea where it leads from.
In the center of your picture, and on the rear side of the F&R switch is a black round thing (its the reverse buzzer).... there should be two wires going to it. A RED one, which comes from the passenger side micro-switch and a BLACK wire that comes off of one side of the solenoid......I would be willing to bet money that if one if the wires is missing from the reverse buzzer that is where that black wire goes.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ezgo, motor, solenoid, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO