lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
waynebake
Not Yet Wild

Default ez go txt Dead please help

problem started with click no go issue. found bottom center wire on f/r switch burt off.. replaced switch with new board .. now i have no click nor will it move. I have no idea what I'm missing as in control power because the pack has 38 volts. One positive is i do have a back up alarm. i know this is simple stuff for you guys please give me the next step to test ..

Thanks so much
waynebake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
MichaelClayshulte
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go txt Dead please help

If you have no click.your solenoid may be dead
MichaelClayshulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can we assume the F&R you replaced looks like the pic below?
And are you saying there was a 'click no go' situation before the new switch and now there is 'no click no go' with the key on, in gear, pedal down?

And lastly am I reading this right, you replaced the F&R housing not the whole switch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 2.jpg (109.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #4
waynebake
Not Yet Wild

yes sir the f/r switch pictured is like the one in my cart.. i took pics of the red blues and orange wires on the micro switches and i have them landed correctly.

as far as the switch i did replace the lugs on the board.. to be fair it was from a donor cart but the switch itself is good now..

Yes i have no click no go situation now. i do have reverse alarm key on in reverse and the lights do come on off the key
Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
waynebake
Not Yet Wild

looking into the possibility of No fire to the left small post on the solenoid....more to come
Old 06-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The red and blue wires land on the ms closest to the driver's side of the cart. This switch closes in F&R position. This connection sends (+) power to the key and pedal box switch which energizes the solenoid coil.
If no power on the red wire check the source. If power to red but no connection to blue the ms is failed. put both red and blue on same terminal to confirm cart runs but F&R switch is bad.

When all else fails we have the switch pictured above.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #7
waynebake
Not Yet Wild

yep,, i was out jumping the ms switch while you were typing Scotty... i jumped the switch and we are running.. I will test the switch for function and replace as needed.. Man i told you that you guys would make this easy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO