lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Help Diagnosing my 2005 Precedent.

I picked up this cart in the fall and it ran, and got a great deal for $500. I let it sit all winter in a friends storage with no charge. Recently i decided to try and fix up a little. Bought a new body, recovered seats and then had to replace batteries as they had died not being charged. Tonight I put everything back together and decided to try and take it for a spin. Cart took off like a bat out of hell. Then the next time i stepped on the accelerator it just made one click sound. Tried a couple more times and it took off again. Next time nothing, then next time full speed ahead. How do i start with figuring out the problem. I am a total novice.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help Diagnosing my 2005 Precedent.

After initially switching to forward, it takes a brief second or so for the system to engage from the MCOR and tell the motor To go. Now, if you've already been in Forward and running the cart, then let off the accelerator, then press it again is it not moving?

It sounds like you've got an MCOR issue most likely.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the quick reply. From what I have been reading here, i was figuring either MCOR or forward reverse switch.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Help Diagnosing my 2005 Precedent.

Before you buy one....try to turn the run/tow switch to tow and with the key off...pump the go pedal full range up and down about 20 times...then switch back to run...turn on the ign. Switch and see how it runs from there. If this works then replace the part if it fails again.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tried this and can't get it to reproduce the stalling. Thank You. Looks like an MCOR in my future.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car