lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
pn8hall
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 48v CC Ds mods for hunting

I was wondering if I could get some direction on modding my CC for hunting. I was given this cart and thus far all I have in it is $150 for a charger. I will be getting new batteries in the near future that will cost a pretty penny but free is free! I would like to put a lift kit and tires on for sure and add a rear work platform for hauling deer and firewood. My main questions are what should I do (if anything) to the motor and controller to make this a viable option for the deer woods? I don't need to be able to do 40mph in this but I would like to hit 20 mph if possible and be able to climb some hills as needed with it. I have a pretty firm grasp on what to do as far as installing the lift kit but not so sure where to start on getting torque and speed. Thanks in advance for any advice!
pn8hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 48v CC Ds mods for hunting

I hope this picture posts, this is my first attempt at posting. Here is my 96 Ds that I'm in the process of making a hunting cart for night time hog hunting. I have put a Jake's 6" spindle lift, 23" tires and 14" wheels. I have also painted the cart flat black, added 3" led lights w/red covers and a Warn 1700 winch on the brush guard, added an extra battery in the bagwell for the winch and led lights. I to am new, at the golf cart business also and learning as I go. There are a lot of great folks on this site and they have a great amount of knowledge and are very willing to share. I will post more pictures later of my cart. I still have to hook up the winch also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hog squad 1.jpg (294.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart winch.jpg (305.2 KB, 0 views)
larrybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

One common mistake I see is getting too large of a tire on the cart. Each step up in tire size is a gear box ratio change for the electric motor and too much change is hard to overcome with great sacrifice to torque production.
Start your project by identifying the drive system used in your cart and they plan electronic and tire changes that go together well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Regen I or II.JPG (115.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:15 PM   #4
pn8hall
Not Yet Wild

Scotty B thanks for the link that was very helpful. So let me ask this. I have a Sepex Regen 2 setup. It says a 400 amp controller and 200 amp solenoid is good for a stock motor but what if I go with the 500 amp controller and 400 amp solenoid? Ideally I will upgrade the motor eventually but not sure how long before I do that. Will there be any adverse affects by using the 500 amp/400 amp setup with the stock motor? I would upgrade the cables to 2ga for sure. I am thinking of a 6" a arm lift kit and probably some 10" tires and wheels. Do you see any issue with that lift and tire setup? I could go to 12" if needed but dont know if I really need the 12" wheels unless there is a benefit to going that route. Thanks again
pn8hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car