lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
Jthomas040
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo marathon runs great at 3/4 thottle but dies at full

This is my first cart it's a 36v put a good set of trojan batteries in and it runs much faster then I thought it would but I can only push the gas pedal about 3/4 way down past that it just dies. Any ideas? The cart is a 1991.
Jthomas040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo marathon runs great at 3/4 thottle but dies at full

The Marathon throttle signal is 0-5000 Ωs. My guess is your signal is going too far. Too high for the controller to read so it reacts as if no signal is present.

To test get your multi meter set to ohms (Ω) and remove the small wires from pins 2 and 3 on the speed control and plug the ohm meter into these spades. Simply press the gas and tell us the min. and max. reading.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Not Yet Wild

I have a 91 also, mine died after about 90% the potentiameter is probably pushing to many ohms and the controller shuts down, IRRC it shuts down around 7k ohms. The range should be 0-5k. You can pull the wires off controller contacts 2 and 3 and use and ohm meter on the wires to check them. Mine was going from .6 to 6.92. I adjusted the linkage and now it's goes to just over 5k and does not die when floored.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
Jthomas040
Not Yet Wild

Thankyou for the replies ill ohm those out tonight when i get home
Jthomas040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO