lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #11
Jesel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Marathon owner here

What kind of adjusting and tweaking? Disk brake swap sounds nice, but a little spendy. If I can get these to work the way I think they should then I'll be satisfied. I have no big hills or a real need for speed on this machine.
Jesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #12
Granger ezgo
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

1) made sure all components inside hub were clean, lubricated as stated in service manual and brake shoes were adjusted out as far as possible and still slide hubs on
2) made a different piece for cable connection at pedal attachment point due to uneven cable ends (new bargain cables from a friend)
3) made sure by using internal brake adjusters after hubs were on I had the recommended 1/8" slack in brake actuator arm that cables connect to on rear brake.
4) if brake actuator doesn't completely return to the relaxed position when brake pedal is released the auto adjuster can't properly function.

Hope this helps
Granger ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #13
Jesel
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I'll recheck it all this weekend. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced I'm not out far enough on the initial adjustments and that 1/8" slack you speak of. Cable brakes are something I haven't had to play with since the days of mini bikes and clapped out old snowmobiles.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #14
Granger ezgo
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Take cables off actuator arms and with drums on hold a hammer by the head and use handle to actuate the actuator repeatadly and each time you actuate the actuator you should here a click, that click noise is the auto adjuster expanding and taking up the slack in your brake pads to drum clearance, when you no longer hear the click noise when actuating the actuator you are done and repeat process on other side.
Granger ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #15
Jesel
Not Yet Wild

I took everything apart again. left side looked good but I unscrewed the adjuster, cleaned the threads and wiped a little grease on it and now it ratchets perfect. The right side however, I noticed the brake cable was too short and not allowing the adjuster arm to return far enough to grab the next tooth. I made a 5/8" long adapter between the cable and arm and now it seams to be working much better. I think I'll go ahead and order new brake pads as these are probably original and they look a little petrified.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO