lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Default Rewiring Entire TXT w/ Accessory Harness - HELP

I have a 36V 1997 TXT cart that actually has an ST body on it. Not sure the details on that, as I bought it used for cheap from someone who didn't want to get it working. The cart has been working and been upgraded on my end with new controller, new motor, and upgraded battery harness wiring.

The cart did not have an ignition switch in it and always stays hot, which I need to fix with small children. I bought this wiring harness to upgrade the old wiring, add an ignition switch (also bought a 4 pin switch) and add a voltage meter (also bought from EZGO).

Link to Harness: https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Acces...-Medalist.html

However, I am royally confused by the harness and the wires and what goes to what. The colors don't match a lot of my current wiring and I can't figure it out. Is there diagram or schematic that shows what each connector is? There is nothing on the harness.

I have attached pictures to help with seeing colors and ends. The First picture is looking at it from left to right w/long black and red wires.

Please help. I need to get the cart up and running to use for getting the kids to the bus stop.

Thank You!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (240.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0003.jpg (240.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0004.jpg (401.0 KB, 0 views)
Wahoouva2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rewiring Entire TXT w/ Accessory Harness - HELP

That is an accessory harness only, it allows you to add the accessories to the existing main harness. If you are wanting to totally rewire, you'll need the main harness or are you just wanting to add the accessory harness to your existing harness?

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

I want to do both but this one was the one I bought for the ignition.

I have headlights, new ignition switch, a winch, taillights, horn and a new voltage meter.

Do you know what goes to what? Any type of schematic. I can't believe there isn't some type of labeling or diagram with it.

Here is the description of the harness: The Accessory Wire Harness is used on E-Z-GO Electric Vehicles to establish a power connection for accessories and components in the vehicle's electrical system, such as the turn signal, horn, headlights and key switch installations.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoouva2 View Post
I want to do both but this one was the one I bought for the ignition.

I have headlights, new ignition switch, a winch, taillights, horn and a new voltage meter.

Do you know what goes to what? Any type of schematic. I can't believe there isn't some type of labeling or diagram with it.

Here is the description of the harness: The Accessory Wire Harness is used on E-Z-GO Electric Vehicles to establish a power connection for accessories and components in the vehicle's electrical system, such as the turn signal, horn, headlights and key switch installations.
I looked and I do not have a manual for a 36V TXT. All I have are 2 manuals for the TXT 48V starting at 2010 and newer. You're going to need a service manual that shows the main harness and the accessory harness, and where they interface together. Someone that has the manual will probably respond when they check in and see your thread.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have this. Note that this is accessory wiring only. It includes the key switch but only the 12v part of the key switch. Assumes a cart with factory lights and a 3 position key switch (off-on-on with lights). Don't know if this will help or add to the confusion. I know other people here have a good stash of diagrams. May have to be patient.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accessory Wiring golf cart ezgo.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wahoova, I've got my 2001 txt down to the frame too. I removed my entire 12v wiring harness and opened parts of it up so that I could see where everything was going. Ahh, the steps you have to take when you have no idea what you're doing:).
Not saying you should do that to your new harness but even though I'm clueless, I may be able to help. I can lay mine out, the way it's laid out on the cart, and post a picture. I recognize a couple of the wires on yours and where they go. The green wire that is by itself runs across the back of the battery compartment and hooks to +on battery 5. (Aghh, I should have opened your pics in separate windows on my phone so I could reference while typing). The red and black wire, that are also by themselves, go to batt 1+ and batt 6-

Let's start with that and do the pics.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Orangeman,
Thank you. I appreciate all of these insights. Let me know if you need me to take a close up picture of anything to help.

Do you know what that green one by itself is for? Also, do you know what the wires up beside the black and red ones you referenced go to?

I'm trying to figure out the ignition/charge meter.

Thanks! Starting the process of elimination.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #8
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That pic is looking from the front of the cart. I've tried to lay it out as it does around the cart.

In your pic#1, the cluster of cables past the black and red, with the connectors on them, should go to rear passenger tail lights.

Pic2-the sleeved group of wires, just below the short green wire that goes to batt5, should be rear driver tail ugly cluster. The 4 wires beneath that should be for the fuse panel that is mounted on driver rear wheel well. The green is the supply and the others attach on the other side of the fuse block.

The black and yellow at the bottom may be for the horn itself, but I can't see those wires that well.

Pic3- black and red, on the right of the pic, should go to brake pedal.
Yellow and orange should go to horn switch

I believe??? The wires at the top, that are sleeved and have the black clips, are for the front headlights / signals.

The group in the middle with the blue, red and the connectors should be ignition

The ones at the bottom, with the white clip, should be the turn signal cluster.

I know this doesn't give you everything you need but hopefully it helps. Notice I said, should and believe a lot. End user assumes all risk....,haha. I'm sure one of the experts will jump on and clean it up, but maybe it gets you started.

Edit: previewed the post and my pic is flipped. Wtf? Anyway, front of the cart is on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Wahoova, I've got my 2001 txt down to the frame too. I removed my entire 12v wiring harness and opened parts of it up so that I could see where everything was going. Ahh, the steps you have to take when you have no idea what you're doing:).
Not saying you should do that to your new harness but even though I'm clueless, I may be able to help. I can lay mine out, the way it's laid out on the cart, and post a picture. I recognize a couple of the wires on yours and where they go. The green wire that is by itself runs across the back of the battery compartment and hooks to +on battery 5. (Aghh, I should have opened your pics in separate windows on my phone so I could reference while typing). The red and black wire, that are also by themselves, go to batt 1+ and batt 6-

Let's start with that and do the pics.
Short green one that is by itself, goes to batt #5 positive terminal. Group above the black, red should be passenger tail lights.

Last edited by orangeman6; 09-24-2016 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Quoted wrong post
Old 09-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #10
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry, somehow quoted myself. I was trying to answer your question in 7

Tags
harness, lights, txt, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO