lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Cleaning battery

Think it's about time to clean the tops of my batteries.

I have read people taking a water hose to their batteries and then having problems with the cart not running.

Any suggestions that will save me from messing anything up?

I have a DCS TXT cart, with XCT controller... There is no cover of course on this controller...I think it is sealed.

Thinking it is not a good idea to shoot water from a hose inside the battery compartment...

Thx for any suggestions.

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cleaning battery

to be COMPLETELY SAFE, FIRST disconnect the pack from the rest of the system. it wouldn't hurt to cover the electronics with a piece of plastic (garbage bag), then you can use water out of the hose, but have it turned down low so it just flows over the batteries, not SPRAYING all over the place. then use a brush of some sort to clean the tops. THEN when done, if you have a LEAF BLOWER, blow off all the remaining water.

WORKS LIKE A CHAMP. Its how I dry off my car after washing it as well, no water spots.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Your hose can't hurt anything except exposed microswitches. Stay away from the F/R area and you're good to go.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #4
birddog5
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

use coke on the battery terminals too - grab a toothbrush and scrub lightly. Works like a charm!
birddog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
dvmartin
Getting Wild

I use a baking soda wash. About a cup of baking soda in three gallons of water. Pour on the top of batteries and watch all the foam. This neutralizes the acid. then wash off with a hose at low pressure and like another suggested blow off everything with a leaf blower. After it's clean tighten the battery connections.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO