lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #11
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Slanted Roof?

If I had to guess the rear roof supports were mounted so the offset in the tube would get the tube outside the large bucket seats just to have an anchor point. My stock roof supports anchor to the stock seat backrest supports which you probably do not have with those custom buckets. Just a thought.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Thanks for the replies everyone but based on the sticker on the rear seat saying it's madjax this is the seat I have...

http://www.mymadjax.com/Shop-by-Cate...f-Cushion.html

In watching the install video and looking at the exploded diagram - it's put together correctly...the uprights are single bars, not a hoop or anything and connect to the armrest of the rear seat - and mine is done so in the same way this is here.

Exploded Diagram

http://www.mymadjax.com/core/media/m...79e69&_xt=.pdf

My only guess is that someone either used uprights for a different cart so they are shorter, the front uprights are taller than normal due to the flip winshield (not sure if that is stock or not), or madjax just has shorter uprights in the back for some reason.

It's only a problem if I put the extended roof on - as then you won't be able to fit under it with it slanted.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #13
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

I've asked MadJax if they have a measurement on the height of the rear uprights...maybe that'll tell me if someone used the wrong ones or something.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #14
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

jb,

I have to comment on those front seats of yours. What a great idea to have hinged armrest in lieu of those stock plastic hip killers that a big ol boy like me has to slide over to get into the seat cause the steering column is way longer than it needs to be IMO. I wonder if anyone on BGW has come up with a way to retro this? It's got me thinking.

BTW - we know you will get the roof figured out.... good luck!
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
jb,

I have to comment on those front seats of yours. What a great idea to have hinged armrest in lieu of those stock plastic hip killers that a big ol boy like me has to slide over to get into the seat cause the steering column is way longer than it needs to be IMO. I wonder if anyone on BGW has come up with a way to retro this? It's got me thinking.

BTW - we know you will get the roof figured out.... good luck!
Yeah man those seats are like riding in my grandfathers '89 Cadillac Fleetwood!

They are from ultimategolfseating.com
Old 10-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #16
MadjaxShane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith05 View Post
Here it is before the lift as purchased. It's on a slight incline here.

It's like they used the wrong uprights in the back. But there's no other signs that they are wrong.

there are a few componets missing for this seat to begin..

The cross bar is missing.. along with proper brackets. Who installed this?
MadjaxShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #17
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadjaxShane View Post
this isnt a madjax seat..from the looks in the picture
The front seat is not...the rear has two madjax stickers on it on the left and right sides of the flip. You can kinda see it in the picture you quoted. Now I suppose the previous owner could have just slapped some madjax stickers on there...but the videos and instructions off the madjax site are identical to the way this one is constructed/installed.

Is there more than one brand that makes the seats the same way?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #18
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

I'll take better pictures later - I don't know who installed it, I bought the cart used this way.

The crossbar is there - you can't see it because of the front seats. Like before based on the install video on the site - all the parts are there on my cart that are there from the video.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #19
MadjaxShane
Not Yet Wild

post a few more pics of the actual seat, opened and flipped out.. i can give you some pointers..
Old 10-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #20
MadjaxShane
Not Yet Wild

this bar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gen150 ds.JPG (91.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car