lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #11
reesestewww
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Adding USB Charger Outlets....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike484 View Post
I sent the seller a question about how high the volt meter would read, I'll post the answer if I get one. I would wire the volt meter to the charge gauge, everything else would be 12 volt.
Yes, exactly. If you see the voltage fall to 44, 43V under full load it's time to charge.
reesestewww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You won't want to run 48/36v to that setup. It was designed for 12v. Would fry the meter, fry the USB convertor, & fry anything you plug into the 12v outlet. If you wire that up to 2 of your 6v batteries, it will show you the "out of balance damage" you are doing to those 2 batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #13
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You won't want to run 48/36v to that setup. It was designed for 12v. Would fry the meter, fry the USB convertor, & fry anything you plug into the 12v outlet. If you wire that up to 2 of your 6v batteries, it will show you the "out of balance damage" you are doing to those 2 batteries.

The question is, how high will the meter read, if it won't go up to 39 volts, then it may get fried.

The charging ports would be hooked up with a voltage converter and only hooking to 12 volt so there is not an issue there.
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #14
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Following. My question is how much of a extra drain is charging your phone, or what ever on your batteries. And is that worth loosing ride time for?
Twizted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Charging a phone would be unnoticeable, it doesn't take much power to charge a phone, if you have lights installed, they would burn more power. If you lose a ride because you charged a phone, you need new batteries.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:36 AM   #16
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got an answer back, he says the volt meter goes to 12v, the picture says 12.3 so I don't know if he really knows how high it will go or if he's just guessing. There is another one just like this but without the volt meter, or maybe I'll just spend the $20 and try it out anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USB Ports 2.jpg (48.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 AM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Got an answer back, he says the volt meter goes to 12v, the picture says 12.3 so I don't know if he really knows how high it will go or if he's just guessing. There is another one just like this but without the volt meter, or maybe I'll just spend the $20 and try it out anyway.
Likely the circuitry tops out around 18 volts as voltage as high 14.5 can be seen in a normal 12 volt charging system....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #18
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Likely the circuitry tops out around 18 volts as voltage as high 14.5 can be seen in a normal 12 volt charging system....
Thats what I was thinking, but when he said 12 volt I figured he was just guessing at it.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking, but when he said 12 volt I figured he was just guessing at it.
He likely was/is...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #20
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a TXT PDS cart one of the round USB plugs fit perfectly into the reverse switch hole. I also have the 3 cluster unit mounted on my dash. I have an extra 12v battery to keep the memory in my stereo and run the USB chargers. The volt meter is handy to know how low the 12v battery is getting. Here is a photo of the dash. Didn't have a photo of the other plug handy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ez2.jpg (260.9 KB, 0 views)
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO