lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

Default Sevcon Issue

I recently acquired a 09 Bad Boy Buggie xt with 2 (one for each motor) blue Sevcon Millipak controllers. The controller for the front motor flashes 4 times and the diagnostics chart i found here states "Contactor welded or wiring fault giving a high voltage between M1 and B- before closing the contactor" so i replaced the contactor but still having the same problem. When i turn the key on i can hear the contactor click, then drop out. What do you guys think i should check next? M1 on the controller goes to A1 on the motor and B- goes to battery ground. Would this indicate a bad motor? Buggie is 48v 4x4 with 2 advanced sep-ex motors
cedarcreekjerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sevcon Issue

I don't have a wiring diagram for the cart, or a pinout for the controller plugs, but the way that error flag works it the voltage between B- and M- is compared to battery pack voltage that applied to the controller via one (or more) of the pins in the control wiring plugs.

Look for the pins that have battery pack voltage on them 100% of the time, or whenever charger is not plugged into cart.

If the voltage between B- and M- does not start at the voltage less than the voltage on that pin (or pins) and climb to equal that voltage when the solenoid clicks, you get the welded solenoid contacts error.

On a PDS controller in an EZGO cart, if the voltage on J1 Pin-5 (which connects the the battery side large terminal on solenoid) is less than battery pack voltage, that error will occur.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:37 PM   #3
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

Attached is a schematic that I found I this site for the "classic" buggy but the seems to be the same on mine. After the solenoid drops out I only have 7 volts going from it to the controller (other 3 have 4 and have 7 leaving the controller to the motor. I checked all 4 cables from controller to motor and all have continuity. Pulled motor off and have continuity from A1 and A2 and F1-F2. There was no continuity from A1 to housing or A1 to F1. Is there a good way make to make sure motor is actually good? Is there a way to test the controller? I'm assuming that controller is fine since it's throwing a code.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

Can't get the schematic to load. It on here as schematic-classic
Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

Maybe now the link will work
Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #6
chadlogan112
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Would love to get any wiring schematics you may have found. I have an 06 classic, any assistance I can be, let me know.
chadlogan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreekjerky View Post
Maybe now the link will work
This link didn't work either.

Looks like it was attached as an "Attachment" (paper clip icon) rather than inserted as a "Link" (Globe icon).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #8
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

Maybe itll work now?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-diagram.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Schematic-Classic (1).pdf (20.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #9
cedarcreekjerky
Not Yet Wild

chadlogan112 here are 2 diagrams i found on here if you have the single controller buggie. Info on the Bad Boy Buggies seems to be scarce!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/series-small-wires.pdf

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/series-big-cables.pdf
Old 01-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #10
chadlogan112
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreekjerky View Post
chadlogan112 here are 2 diagrams i found on here if you have the single controller buggie. Info on the Bad Boy Buggies seems to be scarce!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/series-small-wires.pdf

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/series-big-cables.pdf
Yup, I have both of those! Definitely a pain to locate diagrams and parts. I guess I have a single controller cart, since cables only lead to one box, then a smaller box sits on top of it, and only has small wires coming from it.

I am confused as to what this is mounted under seat and unplugged tho. Any guess?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4651.jpg (161.9 KB, 0 views)
chadlogan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO