lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
Cdygonwild
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy EZGO Marathon Won't Move

Hi, I have an EZGO Marathon that i am working on restoring. It has sat outside for a LONG time. The batteries read 36 volts. Everywhere has power including the B+ and B- leads on the controller. When I first hooked everything back up, it jumped a few inches but now wont move at all. I've replaced the solenoid, motor, F and R switch, and the potentiometer. The only thing I have a question about is...
1. is my controller bad?
2. Does the potentiometer need the small resistor inside the box? (I didnt hook it back up because my potentiometer was already 0-5k.)
3. The potentiometer I replaced it with the travel is too long so if the cart starts and the pot doesn't read 0 will it not move until it is restarted and it reads 0?
4. Any suggestions for what I should try?
Cdygonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Cdygonwild
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Marathon Won't Move

UPDATE: Just went outside and tested question 3. I have determined that when I start it at 0, the cart barely moves when the potentiometer is just below 7000 and the wheels are jacked up. Does this mean my controller is bad?
Old 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Are your batteries actually at 36.0v? That's below 50% soc. Couldn't that be at least part of your issue? Maybe you want to test each individually and post the results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0943.JPG (127.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
Cdygonwild
Not Yet Wild

Just measured, they are at 37.2. Just said 36 as a general number because I knew they were good
Old 01-31-2017, 12:05 AM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdygonwild View Post
Just measured, they are at 37.2. Just said 36 as a general number because I knew they were good
I was hoping some of the experts would have jumped in here by now, since I'm certainly not one of them. I'm sure you'll get a response soon, but in the meantime, don't you think your batteries are a bit of an issue? At 37.2 you're barely above 70%. Is that after they've been on the charger? Have you tested them individually to Be sure you don't have at least one that is no good at all? Tested the pack under load?

Apologies for wasting your time if I'm way off, but providing specific battery readings seems to be a pretty constant request by the knowledgeable guys when someone's cart won't go.

Hopefully you'll get some good help soon.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:02 AM   #6
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I know it maybe obvious, but you said the cart has been sitting a while, do the wheels spin freely when jacked up? Ie brakes not seized a little?
Hornsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO