lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
ysrman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo rxv will not go

Can we disable the charge connector check on the rxv? I am charging a lipo pack and dont use this connector anymore
ysrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

B+ to the harness side of the blue wire at charge port will trick it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:17 PM   #13
BigAl654
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello cgtech, what do you mean by, B+ to the harness side of the blue wire at charge port will trick it. is it safe to assume to jump the blue wire coming out of the charge port to the B+ on the controller? I have a 2013 RXV that will not pass the POWER-UP SEQUENCE even with a new charge port assembly installed! I’ve checked both the brake & accelerator adjustments with a VOM at the Curtis controller and those pass. Rep the motor brake and solenoid also. I’ve got at least 50.0volts at the battery pack, checked the connector under the cup holder and it’s good. I was sitting beside the cart on the passenger side trying to figure this problem out and heard a low sounding click and lost the trigger/ground to the solenoid! I’ve got 50.1volts to the red wire and 22volts on the black wire on the solenoid! This cart has kicked my britches trying to fix it! I think I have a bad welded solder joint somewhere in the harness or a bad controller, what do y’all think? Thx again for this forum and your input on this issue I’m having. My 2 little granddaughters are coming to visit and ride the cart so I’ve got to get this rascal running….! Lol
BigAl654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 05:52 PM   #14
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The second click is most likely the controller shutting down power to the solenoid because of an error. First thing I would check, is the controller putting out the 5 volts for the logic circuit ? If it isn't the controllers life has ended. They are not easy to repair and very few companies will even look at them. If you do have the 5 volts it's most likely a fault in the ac drive circuit, again the end of life for the controller. Without the diagnostic tool, you'll have to test every component in the cart to eliminate them. The Danaher was a great controller that got a bad wrap. Unfortunately they are now at least 15 years old and high power electronics have a limited life span.

The best way to check that voltage is with a set of piercing probes on your meter. Place the meters red probe on the orange wire on terminal 3 of the 23 pin main connector and the meters black probe on pin 4 (black wire).
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 09:46 PM   #15
BigAl654
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello cartdoc1969, I went to check the voltages you talked about in previous post and on my 2013 RXV that has a Curtis controller, the connectors must not be the same. I have 35 pin connector and 3rd pin is blank and 4th pin is purple, (black wire with 48volts). Do you any other checks I might could check, thank you
BigAl654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO