lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid clicks before pedal is pressed

2006 txt pds cart. The solenoid clicks when you put the cart in forward or reverse before the pedal is even pressed. Could this be a faulty micro switch?
datmau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks before pedal is pressed

Normal...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #3
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

Is it? I thought that the solenoid wasn't supposed to click until the pedal was pressed. down a little. I changed the micro switch but no luck.
datmau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

it's not normal as far as I know..all I can say is check all the connections carefully. I had a car in the shop months ago with that issue but I can't for the life of me remember what the cause was lol
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Although, if it is not interfering with the car, I would leave it
Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe when key is first turned on solenoid will make. I thought that is what you was referring to by bad.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The PDS system does energize the contactor when key is turned on but, if you let the cart sit it will release and then work as you are used to with the pedal. I believe this behavior is unique to the 36v Curtis PDS control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #8
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok I see, so if his car is a 48v pds cart for instance what could cause something like that? Or would it simply not happen because it would not be the same controller type
Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a TXT PDS cart with the code date F1010. The solenoid DOES NOT energize when I turn key on. The solenoid only energizes when the key is on and the pedal pressed. It de-energizes when I release the pedal. This is a stock cart except for a small 12 volt fan mounted atop the controller heat sink to keep it from going into thermal shutdown. I had a old series cart that the solenoid would energize when I turned the key on and it stayed energized until you switched the key off. I didn't know it wasn't supposed to do that. One night I failed to put cart in shelter. A big thunderstorm that night happened and drenched it. When got on it the next day to move it, when I switched the key on it immediately took off wide open. Lucky nobody was in front and I had good brakes before it ran in side of wife's new car. Long story but the Molex plug was wet and corroded and the pedal micro switch had a bent lever so the plunger cam could not hold it off.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #10
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by datmau5 View Post
2006 txt pds cart. The solenoid clicks when you put the cart in forward or reverse before the pedal is even pressed. Could this be a faulty micro switch?
YES.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO