lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #21
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Going 42 V

Update: Controller led still stays lit up green. When you put the key in and press FWD or RWD it makes the solenoid click and then you can drive. Not sure if that continues to be an issue or not.

DPI charger keeps the pack fully charged at all times

For people interested I had a DCS motor in a PDS cart, Alltrax dcx 500 with HD solenoid, and 2 gauge wires, 10 inch wheels and street tires with a folding rear seat.

At 36V I ran about 20.5mph-21.2mph with two people on flat land in low winds, occasionally solo I could run 21-max22 mph

At 42V I run about 23-24mph with four people, 24.5-25.5mph with two and about 25-26.2mph by myself

There was also a intercoastal bridge that with my wife and I we would crawl up 14-15mph at 36V and now we go up about 20-21mph.

I was ready to just get a DPI and already had all these mods so it was a easy decision to just add an extra battery and get the 42V DPI instead of 36V. The only other thing I got was a 2 gauge battery wire.

Totally worth the cost of the extra battery. The DPI is worth the cost as well.
Anyone thinking about it.... what are you waiting for.
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller should not be powered up all the time. I'm not sure how soon this will hurt the controller, Call Alltrax and let us know what they say
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #23
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

For what it is worth, here is a picture of a stock 36V TXT including solenoid and motor on a 42V lithium pack. Been installed for year and a half, no issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gamez - Pack Installed Complete.jpg (236.2 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #24
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

PingEye, what is the AH rating of your pack, and how is your runtime / distance?
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #25
Savage8591
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Will a PDS cart with the same upgrades besides the DCS motor get the same results that you did going 42volt. I'm wanting the DPI also and makes perfect sense to move up.
Savage8591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #26
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage8591 View Post
Will a PDS cart with the same upgrades besides the DCS motor get the same results that you did going 42volt. I'm wanting the DPI also and makes perfect sense to move up.
I believe your pds cart *should* reach speeds of 28mph with the same upgrade on stock wheel size
Old 04-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #27
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update:

Spoke to Alltrax, I was informed that even though the led is a constant green(always on) as long as the cart will not move unless key switch is on and FWD or RWD is select it should be fine. Otherwise maybe a bad microswitch possibly

He also did not seem surprise it is a constant green as the wire is going straight from the battery pack to the activation tab on the solenoid. Any input from you guys? Should I just get a larger solenoid to "be safe and overly cautious?"

Anyone else do a 42v with a 36v solenoid and wire it this way and not have this issue with the light on the controller?

Could the issue be that I have a DCS motor in a PDS cart?
Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just temporarily disconnect that "negative" solenoid activation wire from your +6v battery post and see if the Controller light goes OFF.

If it does, all you need is a diode like the one I linked previously.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #29
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did not realize that a series motor (DCS) would work that well on a shunt system (PDS). Learn something new every day.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #30
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Just temporarily disconnect that "negative" solenoid activation wire from your +6v battery post and see if the Controller light goes OFF.

If it does, all you need is a diode like the one I linked previously.
Hey Sergio, this was my next step. This may be a stupid question but can you define what you mean by +6v battery post?

Is the + implying polarity or ?

Also give that the light does go off and I need the diode as you stated, do you happen to have a picture of how a diode like that gets put in line? Is it soldered?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO