lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 05:04 AM   #1
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Curtis Controller

Is there an adjustment you can do to the Regenerative Braking if you have the Curtis 1313-4401 programmer? I don't like the way mine are set, to strong for me.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Is there an adjustment you can do to the Regenerative Braking if you have the Curtis 1313-4401 programmer? I don't like the way mine are set, to strong for me.
There are multiple parameters for regenerative braking. Coastdown regen, and brake pedal applied multiple braking maps. Some of that is available to an OEM level handset, but some of the more advanced accel/decel maps are only available to a Factory or Development level programming station. Some of those maps are locked out when Freedom Mode is enabled. I'll respond in more detail in a bit, as to where you can find the OEM level parameters. Which regen settings are you wanting to alter, coasting or braking?

Bob
Old 04-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Bob really both. I'm coming to a stop to quickly and my brake pedal is to touchy for me. And yes I have Freedom mode activated if you remember.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hey Bob really both. I'm coming to a stop to quickly and my brake pedal is to touchy for me. And yes I have Freedom mode activated if you remember.
Ok, the settings that you can get to with an OEM level handset are under Parameters/System Configuration/Response

These are the default settings that will be used unless overridden by other maps. Also, the Accel settings selected in Profiles and adjusted in Accelleration will override the Full Accel Rate settings here in Response.

The power limiting, drive limiting, and regen limit maps that you can get to with an OEM level handset is found under Parameters/Current Limits/Power Limiting Map.

I could not find any of the dedicated coasting only regen settings available to OEM, though some of those regen limiting settings might help.

Bob
Old 04-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob Under Parameters/System Configuration/I have no RESPONSE
I have:
Vehicle Configuration
Acceleration
Misc
Braking Resistor Control
Emergency EMB Control
Tow Mode
Anti Skid Logic
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Bob here is what I found. This is a 2013 controller that doesn't have the Response.

My 2016 controller that I got from Eddie does have the Response.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok Bob here is what I found. This is a 2013 controller that doesn't have the Response.

My 2016 controller that I got from Eddie does have the Response.
You made no mention of the RXV year. The Response parameter was added in 2014. The early 1206AC-520X controllers did not have that. The controllers physical hardware supports it, but the firmware (OS) and E-Z-GOs Vehicle Control Language (VCL) does not. I have tried reflashing a 1206AC-5201 with a newer OS/VCL and even though the hardware parameters SHOULD allow it, the higher level Curtis programming stations will not do it. It will allow revision updates, but not version upgrades. For example, you can update OS 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.2, but you cannot update OS 2.0 to 3.0 or higher.

Bob
Old 04-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Just thank goodness you don't have a Dealer level handset. Dealers are not given access to many of the parameter settings beyond profiles!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob on the 2013 controller under Parameters/Current Limits/Power Limiting Map. Can you give me some insight on Regen Limiting Map:
Nominal
Plus 2xDelta
Plus 4xDelta
Plus 8xDelta

Mine are all set at 100%

Jeff
Old 04-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob on the 2013 controller under Parameters/Current Limits/Power Limiting Map. Can you give me some insight on Regen Limiting Map:
Nominal
Plus 2xDelta
Plus 4xDelta
Plus 8xDelta

Mine are all set at 100%

Jeff
The value of Delta is defined in the prior menu, then the regen and accel responses can be set for Delta, 2X that value, 4X that value, and 8X that value. Clear as mud, right? Welcome to E-Z-GO VCL logic
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO