lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #11
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Re: Guidance on cart selection please

I'm in California, between Sacramento and Tahoe, so could venture to Tahoe or Reno very easily as well as the bay area. So open to suggestions on places to look for these...
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
I'm in California, between Sacramento and Tahoe, so could venture to Tahoe or Reno very easily as well as the bay area. So open to suggestions on places to look for these...
Great area. I used to go prospecting along the north fork of the feather river. A buddy of mine is part owner of the mining claims that encompass China Bar. That whole area has been changed by the damage from the flooding.

Too bad I don't know of any cart wholesalers out there. Carts are usually higher in California than they are here in the southeastern US. There's a few guys on this forum that are in the western US. Maybe one of them will have an idea or a contact.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #13
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
So I should avoid the 2008? It actually looks pretty clean, not sure if they are just showing it off at the house or it's someones private cart on a golf course or not, but it may have seen an easy life already....this is one of the pictures posted of it...
This might be a scam. I'm in West The and was thinking I've sent the same ad around here.
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #14
noslofivoh
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The Curtis RXVs have more stock torque as well...

Where are you located? Augusta Golf Carts had some off-lease 2013 and 2014 RXVs starting at about $2250 on eBay. My local dealer just bought 62 of them. He had ordered 2013s and was delivered 2014s at the same price.
Do you have a link for the ebay auction?
noslofivoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 2010-12 Ezgo TXT48 is coming off lease on courses every where. I picked one up and put an Alltrax controller in it. It's performance is impressive now. It is my favorite cart on and off the road.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #16
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslofivoh View Post
I didn't see anything on EBay but here is a link to there website Augusta Golf Cars

You'll have to call them to see what they have.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslofivoh View Post
That was a month or so ago. You would have to check eBay to see if they still have any listed. The last time I talked to them on the phone, about 3 months ago, I was quoted $1900 for a cart from off-lease that had not been checked over for issues, as-is.

My 2012 RXV was totalled by hitting a tree last year, so I wanted a parts RXV to rebuild. I've bought 2 so far.

I bought a 2009 chassis that was missing the rear axle/motor. It had a good frame and a good wiring harness. I had that frame sandblasted and powdercoated for a project I'm working on. The harness I converted for Curtis controllers and use it for testing older RXVs with Danaher controllers.

I bought a mostly intact 2008 RXV Shuttle 2+2 flood cart from MS for $500. It was missing the batteries, controller, and a few other parts. It's been resurrected now with the batteries and Curtis controller from my 2012, and new brake/accellerator encoders. I rebuilt and converted the original harness to work with my Curtis controller.

Bob
Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #18
kpauley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03psd73 View Post
This might be a scam. I'm in West The and was thinking I've sent the same ad around here.
Yea, I'm thinking it was fake. Looked too good to be true, the setting was too nice, etc. I did contact, but no response.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #19
kpauley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 2010-12 Ezgo TXT48 is coming off lease on courses every where. I picked one up and put an Alltrax controller in it. It's performance is impressive now. It is my favorite cart on and off the road.
I'll keep an eye out for that model.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The reason I did not recommend a TXT was due to the requirements listed in your first post. Hill climbing and towing. Loaded low speed operation while towing, hill climbing, all require high current and modifications. Over and over you see mention of low speed operation of series DC motors causing overheat of the motors and controllers. AC motors operate on a different principle, drive frequency controls speed, current controls armature slip. They are well suited to low speed, high torque operation. The downside is more complexity in the electronics. They are not as easy to troubleshoot for the average cart owner unless you opt to buy a handset or set up a computer to run diagnostics.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO