lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 RXV won't move

Sounds like brake not releasing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 AM   #12
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

It's definitely not I even did the manual release per the instructions under the controller cover and it wouldn't release. Would that throw the HPD code and a stall. The only experience I've had with the brakes was the cart rolling off .
boonesbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonesbuggies View Post
It's definitely not I even did the manual release per the instructions under the controller cover and it wouldn't release. Would that throw the HPD code and a stall. The only experience I've had with the brakes was the cart rolling off .
Well, it would not throw HPD, but it would qualify as a Sequencing Fault error. The HPD /Sequencing Fault code covers both errors. And yes, it would stall the motor. I'm suprised it's not throwing one of the Motor Brake error codes along with that. The Motor Brake coil impedance must be ok and the problem is mechanical in nature.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #14
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

It was the brake the cart is fine now thanks for the help!
boonesbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #15
Brandon001
Not Yet Wild

Mine is doing the same thing, did you just replace the brake and it started working?
Brandon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #16
cooney6
Not Yet Wild

so mine is doing the same as yours did you just replace the brake and did it start to work
cooney6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:13 AM   #17
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Keep in mind that you won't find a brake error code very often if the brake has failed. You might get EM Brake Drive OC (often a controller fault there) or Motor Brake Open (if the coil has completely fried) but the most common error was back in the Danahar era and it was 'Motor Brake Slipping' or 'Park brake failed to set' (Code 25107) where the car detected even the slightest movement during the twist test (the 2009-10 years were very over sensitive to this so even you getting in and rocking it could cause that error) and shut down going beep beep beep.

The Curtis variants have removed that condition thankfully. If the brake disc has failed or the brake overheats or has resistance, you won't get a code, just you almost being thrown off the car or it making one heck of a bad smell.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:02 AM   #18
IslandCart
Not Yet Wild

Thank you!
IslandCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Keep in mind that you won't find a brake error code very often if the brake has failed. You might get EM Brake Drive OC (often a controller fault there) or Motor Brake Open (if the coil has completely fried) but the most common error was back in the Danahar era and it was 'Motor Brake Slipping' or 'Park brake failed to set' (Code 25107) where the car detected even the slightest movement during the twist test (the 2009-10 years were very over sensitive to this so even you getting in and rocking it could cause that error) and shut down going beep beep beep.

The Curtis variants have removed that condition thankfully. If the brake disc has failed or the brake overheats or has resistance, you won't get a code, just you almost being thrown off the car or it making one heck of a bad smell.
Sorry, but you are wrong about Curtis RXV controllers not having Motor Brake errors. There are several error codes related to the motor brake. It helps to diagnose exactly what the error condition is. EM Brake Driver OC indicates too much current draw (Over Current), typically a Motor Brake coil that has shorted windings inside, or the Motor Brake has been replaced with a HD (Heavy Duty) Motor Brake that draws too much current. Use OEM Only, as we are seeing more and more Curtis RXVs lately balking about it. EM Brake Coil Open/Missing is obvious. There are a few more that aid in diagnostics for brakes that are slipping or failing to release.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #20
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

When I deal with the common (car ran fine half a mile then came to a halt) issue there's never a brake error even set. Ditto with one that doesnt release (or did what the OP did). When I get EM Brake driver OC it's usually not the brake and something fried inside the controller (bodge job with rigging a battery meter to key switch usually) or EM Brake Open. I haven't even seen a slipping error/beeping reverse buzzer shutdown since the early danahar era.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO