lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
tmr150
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 EZGO forward/reverse

I've got an 07 EZGO that I am having a lot of trouble with. When I rotate to reverse, it won't do anything. I can rotate it to forward and still get nothing. After doing this several times, I can finally get it to start moving. This is my mom's golf cart and she wants me to install a rocker switch so that she doesn't have to rotate the knob for forward and reverse. What am I looking at with doing this? It doesn't have the "Run/Tow" switch on it, it has a long rod going from the knob to the switch. Thanks guys for any and all help.
tmr150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 EZGO forward/reverse

Reversing contactors. Eliminates the rotary lever and replaces with a rocker switch in its place.
Information here: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/reversing-contactors.html
This is a kit designed especially for your make of cart. Excellent instructions and service from a site sponsor.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 07 EZGO forward/reverse

I agree 100%!! Or even more!! You won't need the Super Duty one. Just the heavy duty one. This will replace the tough to turn old technology forward\reverse switch with a simple little "click" switch that dear Mom can just use one finger to do. Yes....it's that easy. The new switch will have a forward position, the "middle" click is a neutral (actually no power to the contactor) and then the reverse position. I purchased a Super Duty for my hunting "beast" about 3 years ago and I will say it was one of the best upgrades I ever put on my TXT. I've never had a problem with it. Your Mom will love it.....
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO