lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #51
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: NEW PROJECT Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Great job on the house for sure.

I'd love to see you build that speed cart!
ME TOO!! LOL I'd love to be able to use some type of "HOTROD" body.....time will tell.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #52
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
ME TOO!! LOL I'd love to be able to use some type of "HOTROD" body.....time will tell.

Like one of these? It's a Bandolero race car body from US Legend Cars Intl in Harrisburg NC. They get a bit over $1k for all of the body panels and the front/rear bumpers and bumper mount horns. I'm using that body for my road car project.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...-road-car.html

They have several body styles to choose from. One in an Indy style car they call the Thunder Roadster. It's over 14' long though. The Bandolero is smaller and is a better fit for a golf cart sized chassis.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-06-09_12-24-03_425.jpg (166.9 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #53
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

That would be cool....but more along the lines of a 30's 40's or 50's style hotrods. There are plenty that are made for golf cart frames but they are REAL pricey.....like in the neighborhood of $2000 to $4000 ..... which is way more than I would want to do...
Old 06-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #54
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
That would be cool....but more along the lines of a 30's 40's or 50's style hotrods. There are plenty that are made for golf cart frames but they are REAL pricey.....like in the neighborhood of $2000 to $4000 ..... which is way more than I would want to do...
They call them Legend cars. The company is named for them. They have Chevy, Dodge, and Ford in 1934 to 1940 era body styles. Fiberglass body panels, fenders, ect. A lot less money too. One of those type bodies I looked at was under $700.

http://store.uslegendcars.com/site/p...173441B625D59D
Old 06-24-2017, 11:45 PM   #55
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I have already looked into them....
Old 06-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #56
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Seeing as how I started this thread a bit early....and its now into its third page, and after thinking about it.....I will start a new thread later today and name it "1999 DCS Complete Rebuild/Upgrade" as today is the day....I got the new project showing up after lunch.

If you hadn't read the whole thread, my nephew is bring it over.....at least I get to actually work on a cart. He told me exactly what he intends to use it for and after telling him what it will take to do it correct from the start and what that will entail, he said lets go for it! if you hadn't seen the thread, its a 1999 DCS that is totally stock, to my knowledge has been always garage keeps and has dead batteries. S0 I have been given an open tab to build him a nice hunting cart. His hunting lease is fairly flat (after all its Texas) and will be traveling on established trails or dirt roads, much like a camp ground cart would be riding on. I will be doing a complete build in the thread I already started with lots of pictures through the whole process. Seeing as how so many of us are to not only learn here, we are also here to teach and help others......I plan on not only detailing the build, but some of the techniques that I use to keep things straight during the process. something that so many people that taking on a task like this typically either forget or don't have a clue about.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #57
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Seeing as how I started this thread a bit early....and its now into its third page, and after thinking about it.....I will start a new thread later today and name it "1999 DCS Complete Rebuild/Upgrade" as today is the day....I got the new project showing up after lunch.

If you hadn't read the whole thread, my nephew is bring it over.....at least I get to actually work on a cart. He told me exactly what he intends to use it for and after telling him what it will take to do it correct from the start and what that will entail, he said lets go for it! if you hadn't seen the thread, its a 1999 DCS that is totally stock, to my knowledge has been always garage keeps and has dead batteries. S0 I have been given an open tab to build him a nice hunting cart. His hunting lease is fairly flat (after all its Texas) and will be traveling on established trails or dirt roads, much like a camp ground cart would be riding on. I will be doing a complete build in the thread I already started with lots of pictures through the whole process. Seeing as how so many of us are to not only learn here, we are also here to teach and help others......I plan on not only detailing the build, but some of the techniques that I use to keep things straight during the process. something that so many people that taking on a task like this typically either forget or don't have a clue about.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO