lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO TXT 36v speed

I'm running a D & D model #170-006-0001 which is rated at 8.6hp. I'm not sure where to locate the controller and how to determine what kind of controller it is. My battery cables are 6ga. Can upgrading the battery cables alone make a difference?
Cliffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #12
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cliff, here's a picture of my original controller. The pic is kinda blurry, but it's in front of the passenger side rear wheel well. If yours is stock, it will probably have a cover over it but should be close to the same spot. You'll have to remove the cover to get a look at the label. A picture may help some of these guys ID it as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.2 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #13
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's a pic of an alltrax controller. This is from one of Scotty b's threads. I've seen guys mount them above and behind the batteries, but it's not common. Yours should be in this same location.

The experts can confirm, or deny, but if you're controller is stock and your 6g cables are in good condition, you're probably not drawing enough amps to over do those cables. However, most guys upgrade them to 4g at a minimum. If you're going to "soup up" your cart, it's necessary. The quality of the cables is also important. Are any of your large cables getting hot?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.5 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #14
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

After you get the issue sorted run it and feel the cables with your hand. If they're not getting noticeably hot they are probably OK and your not going to get any noticeable performance from changing them with the current set up. The condition of the connections are just as important as you can see from the results of your battery meltdown.
SWFLrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #15
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cliffy your controller is under the "kind of dome shaped" weather proof cover on the passenger side of your cart. Remove to view the controller and see what's under there. Saw it on your other thread.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #16
coosa
Gone Wild

Some of the smart guys on here can probably tell from your upgraded motor model number, but I don't see anywhere that you told us whether this is a PDS or series cart. How do you switch from forward to reverse?

My main cart is a 2008 txt PDS that was already upgraded when I bought it. It has 22" tires and a 500 amp controller. They had upgraded the cables to size 4, but took a shortcut and left the original size 6 from the solenoid to the controller. I bought a new solenoid from ScottyB and replaced the old cable and immediately noticed an increase in speed and power. It would run 26 mph on flat pavement, but folks on here told me I was pulling too much power for the stock motor and I reset the controller to 400 amps. That might have slowed it a very small amount.

I've since upgraded it to 42 volts and that greatly increased the power and range. I suspect that you have a series cart if you are unhappy with the speed. I would also think you have a stock controller and that's limiting your speed. Good luck with it.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #17
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Dome Shaped cover has no Tow/Run switch, also I can see the linkage from the F&R handle.

This is a series cart.

(D&D 170-006-0001 Golf Cart Motor, E-Z-GO & Yamaha (Series), High Speed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5608.jpg (146.7 KB, 0 views)
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #18
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
The Dome Shaped cover has no Tow/Run switch, also I can see the linkage from the F&R handle.

This is a series cart.

(D&D 170-006-0001 Golf Cart Motor, E-Z-GO & Yamaha (Series), High Speed)
So what's your point?
Old 08-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #19
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLrunner View Post
So what's your point?
If you would take your time to read one post above mine written by "coosa" you could see where he/she was asking if this was a series cart, or a PDS cart.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #20
coosa
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
If you would take your time to read one post above mine written by "coosa" you could see where he/she was asking if this was a series cart, or a PDS cart.
Thanks. Sorry, I didn't see any pictures.

My experience would be of no help to the OP. I've owned only a couple of PDS carts and a resistor cart. But I'm sure this board will help you figure out what you need to get the speed you want. Good luck with it.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO