lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #11
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 EzGo TXT 6-pass 36v to 48v conversion

Okay, looking to upgrading the lights with LED headlamps and tail lamps. I know a voltage reducer would be better. On this I also plan to add an amp and speakers so I am thinking to go ahead and get it started now.

My current lights look like they are wired directly to the batteries. I would like to take them off that and get them on a 12v system like they should be on. They are turned off and on with the key and I would like to keep that. I was thinking a voltage reducer and fuse box so I will be able to just connect the amp/radio to that instead of running to the battery pack.

But since I do plan on upgrading to 48v, I want to make sure I get one that I don't have to replace when I make that jump.
Denzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2017, 02:41 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzone View Post
Okay, looking to upgrading the lights with LED headlamps and tail lamps. I know a voltage reducer would be better. On this I also plan to add an amp and speakers so I am thinking to go ahead and get it started now.

My current lights look like they are wired directly to the batteries. I would like to take them off that and get them on a 12v system like they should be on. They are turned off and on with the key and I would like to keep that. I was thinking a voltage reducer and fuse box so I will be able to just connect the amp/radio to that instead of running to the battery pack.

But since I do plan on upgrading to 48v, I want to make sure I get one that I don't have to replace when I make that jump.
that being the case.....you need to get one from Scottyb at cartsunlimited.net as the voltage reducer he sells will take the input all the way up to 60v and reduce it to 12v.....so you can use it at 36v and 48v....don't have to change anything.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:30 PM   #13
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, got a DC reducer and new LED lights on the way for my first upgrade on the cart. The last few weeks we (wife and I) have taken parts off and ground the rust off. We have gotten the items needing painting, painted... and the cart has a new color. We went sort of cheap by using spray paint. It is coming along...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170930_17_04_09_Rich.jpg (429.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170930_20_58_25_Rich.jpg (199.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170930_20_58_15_Rich.jpg (177.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #14
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay... got the voltage reducer in today... thinking on how to connect it to the batteries and components. I am afraid that I might have to rewire everything... ugh....
Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #15
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Okay... got the voltage reducer in today... thinking on how to connect it to the batteries and components. I am afraid that I might have to rewire everything... ugh....

I put mine in the area under the cup holders. There’s a good bit of room under there. I was able to fit the reducer, fuse block, and ground block in there. I bought a 3-position key switch( off/run/run+accessory) and ran the 36v+ from the battery pack through it so that the reducer only has power when the key is in the Run/accessory position.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #16
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
I put mine in the area under the cup holders. There’s a good bit of room under there. I was able to fit the reducer, fuse block, and ground block in there. I bought a 3-position key switch( off/run/run+accessory) and ran the 36v+ from the battery pack through it so that the reducer only has power when the key is in the Run/accessory position.
Thanks for the info, I do have plenty of space in the front seat compartment. The rear seat has the battery pack. It is just that the previous owner just got components and wired them so they worked. Didn't really run wires neatly or doesn't seem very organized...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Looking good That color will look good with black accents. Use Krylon black on all your faded plastics.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #18
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Looking good That color will look good with black accents. Use Krylon black on all your faded plastics.
Thanks... will look into that. We have used Rustoleum plastic paint for some of the plastics.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Is the Krylon a specific plastic paint?

BTW.....IMHO you did an outstanding job on painting that body!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #20
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I do have plenty of space in the front seat compartment. The rear seat has the battery pack. It is just that the previous owner just got components and wired them so they worked. Didn't really run wires neatly or doesn't seem very organized...
Yeah that aggravates me too. Troubleshooting is a lot easier when you can actually see what you have and where it's going. BTW nice paint job!
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO