lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #1
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Tire/Wheel Combo

What is the largest tire/wheel combination I can use without lifting my 2013 RXV?
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Tire/Wheel Combo

I have 205/30r14 on mine. You will loose some comfort of the ride with that small sidewall, I couldn’t find a taller sidewall in for them. There is still room to go a few inches taller. If you have a back seat with the springs, you might want to go with a 12” tall wall, I’ve seen the 14” rub the back bumper on those
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
What is the largest tire/wheel combination I can use without lifting my 2013 RXV?
Sagging springs can cause the tires to rub the inner plastic of the wheel openings at tire diameters over 20", otherwise 20-1/2" is the typical limit with some possible trimming of that inner wheel opening plastic.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

225/40-14 on mine. Measured 21" tall. 2012 Cart has a back seat and 2 stage rear springs. Some trimming of the plastic on the rear bumper inside the wheel well will be required.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #5
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No back seat and springs are pretty solid. Don't want too harsh a ride, just a couple of MPH and a little taller cart.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #6
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Tire/Wheel Combo

you could do freedom mode as well to get you more speed
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
No back seat and springs are pretty solid. Don't want too harsh a ride, just a couple of MPH and a little taller cart.
These RHOX tires 215/50-12 are 20.5 inches tall and might be a good compromise for some extra speed (22-24mph) without so much harshness.
http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/RHOX_..._p/tir-344.htm

I haven't tried them myself. I can tell you that the 30's and 40's are quite harsh except on the smoothest of surfaces.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:45 AM   #8
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have used 225/30/14 without problems. That is a low profile Cobra Street tire and has a very good ride.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:06 AM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
you could do freedom mode as well to get you more speed
He already has freedom mode and the speed is turned up beyond freedom mode limits. I can turn it up more but I think it's at or near the torque limit for the motor with the current controller. Torque would be a limiting factor at this point. Going with larger tires could actually make the issue worst. It is much better to up the RPM limit more than to increase tire size and to lose torque. The sign of hitting torque limit is when it takes too long to reach the RPM limit or it cannot reach the RPM limit at all unless you are going downhill. I am willing to try again next time I'm in that area. I'll be there again next week. I have a 350 Amp upgrade controller that we could try, but they are way too expensive in my opinion.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #10
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, Bob. Let me know when you are coming this way. I don't need a 350 amp controller. Torque has been adequate, speed has been awesome. Acceleration is a bit slow to get up to max so that's why I am considering the tire/wheel change.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO