lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #11
Srt411507
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: powerwise charger question

here is a picture you are requesting. it seems I have a ton more wires in mine idk if that is due to older charger possibly original board. also I notice that I have some kind of relay the aluminum board that the diode go to where yours does not. makes me wonder if the previous owner really messed this thing up. boy this thing needs a good bath!
Srt411507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #12
Srt411507
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

seems I never attached pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charger4.jpg (105.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Got sidetracked with some honey-do stuff.

Okay, now I see how the charger is set up to work as an on-board charger.

The relay mounted on the aluminum plate (heatsink) connects/disconnects the red wire from the heatsink to the input of the half of the control board mounted behind the front panel. The 120VAC coil of that relay energizes when the cart is plugged into 120VAC and the red wire is part of the battery sense circuit, so it is disconnected from the control board when cart isn't plugged in.

The original two-piece control board is no longer available, so you'll have to update to a one piece control board, red wire from the new control board connects to the same terminal that the red wire to the front mounted board was connected to. Attached are the instructions for updating to a one piece board.

!!!!! We still don't know what the added 3-wire cable is for!!!!!.
It has 120VAC on it when cart is plugged into 120VAC, so it could go to another relay with a 120VAC coil mounted somewhere in cart that disconnects the wire from the reed switch (or reed switch bypass) so the cart is disabled when 120VAC is plugged in. Could also be for an indicator light to warn you the cart was plugged in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW one board replacement..jpg (235.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt411507 View Post
seems I never attached pic
If you click on the EDIT button you see on your post, you can got to Advanced and attache forgotten stuff.

I'm not 100% sure, but the EDIT button exists for about an hour after posting.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #15
Srt411507
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That would make sence, there is an identical relay inside the cart that i couldnt find on any scmatics. I got a little trigger happy taking this thing apart so i wasnt sure if it was hooked up to charge pack. Good thing the 120 leadeds werent touching when i was testing the charger. I was thinking about it do you see any harm if i was to leave this 120 circut hooked up and add another plug so i can charge the battery bank and a inboard charger for 12v acc.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Are you talking about adding a in-line receptacle to the distal end of the added cable to plug the 12V charger into?

That would work, but the cart wouldn't be disabled while being charged, so someone could drive away pulling the AC cord out of the wall outlet.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #17
Srt411507
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ya thats true anyways thanks for your help guys much appreciated, hopefully the rest of the rebuild goes smooth if not i know a great place to turn too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO