lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #31
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me TXT, project starting

Also, I did put a new board in the charger
1990 Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #32
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Ok, nice day, took just a few minutes to have her zooming again. The its in the pedal box is held down by plastic lugs with sheet metal nuts, it was quite loose, so I secured it. Also put the old microswitch back in and slightly bent the roller tab for smooth operation. Ran her a 1/8 mile, with lots of shifting F to R. I think we are good to go. Once I’m sure we are running reliably I will order the replacement front axle for my bent one, and start the lowering. Springs are original, so it already sits pretty decent, but why not. Gonna just do the spring flip and see where that puts me.

Once 100% reliable , for her, and 4 kids, and spring flip done, it’s paint and body time, and lighting.

It had a single front headlight which I removed, and dual brake lights. Not sure how they running yet, at a glance it appears they direct wired, but I’ll get into that ASAP.

Thanks folks!!
Old 03-27-2018, 03:25 PM   #33
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Pic just now, ready for after noon of running it long and hard, two 8 years old turnt loose on the streets! Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB711425-68B3-435E-87AB-69499BA658E1.jpg (162.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:23 AM   #34
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so another update, two days ago I pulled it out, an hour later she got on it to roll out and it was dead in the water again. I just now found a few mins to take a look.

Looked back into the pedal box, the ITS secured by sheet metal nuts on a plastic lug had become slightly loose again. I tightened it down, and it’s all good again.

Anyone have experience dealing with issue like this ? If the position of the ITS is critical, why is it secured by sheet metal nuts on a plastic lug?

Am I missing something. Could it be the ITS itself failing?

I can plastic weld the studs down onto the sheet metal nuts but that just doesn’t seem right.

Anyone?
Old 04-04-2018, 01:31 AM   #35
1990 Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Again for reference, this is an early TXT, 95/model , with an NPX4844ez, new batteries, FR switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO