lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
My1999Ezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 ezgo factory back seat

My cart has the factory installed back seat. The wood has rotted out and needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on where to get a new one or suggestions on how to replace? Thanks for any help!!!
My1999Ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 ezgo factory back seat

If the cushion and cover are OK it's not too bad to replace the wood base. If it's too far gone to use the old wood as a template you can use the plastic backer trim and cut a 1/4" or so inside the lines Better yet to upgrade to HPDE panels instead of plywood - never rots or warps. Either way removing the old staples is the most tedious part of the job. A small flat blade screwdriver and some patience will get that done. For attaching the cover to the new base I've got an air stapler at the shop, but it can be done just fine with a manual staple gun too.
On the other hand most cart shops that do upgrade/builds will have O.E. style take off seats that they may let go fairly cheap.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
My1999Ezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I probably will replace all the wood with the HPDE panel. Is there a thickness I should be looking for? The cover on the bottom seat is toast though the padding is OK. Back pads are in good shape. That is why I am looking for the O.E.M. part, but have had no luck. I do have an air stabler. just need a new seat!!!!
My1999Ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have "replaced" many seat bottoms over the years, and have always used 1/2" treated plywood to make the bottom... even if a cart lives outside, (say it aint so..) it will last thru 2 or 3 re-covers...

A jig saw and a handful of 1/4x20 furniture nuts and you are off to the races...
Your local Lowes/Home Depot will get you going for under $ 20.00
If you need covers, it is hard to beat Up to Par for quality, and price...

Enjoy !
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO