lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2015 RXV Charge on Batteries

I often ride my cart and park it and plug the charger in and don't ride again for 2 to 5 days and sometimes longer. After getting back on the cart and riding the batteries seemed drained a good bit. How long does it take for them to drain down after sitting?

I have tried a couple times unplugging the charger and replugging back in every time I walk by it on the weekends if I think I will ride it later and that does seem to help.

Just trying to figure out if my batteries are weak or normal
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 RXV Charge on Batteries

Typically, about 1%/Day, but some batteries self-discharge faster than others.

Also, colder weather reduces storage capacity, so that may be a contributing factor.

The controller is in standby unless the Run/Tow is in Tow, so it is drawing some current and there may be some accessories that draw some current when "off".

What is the pack voltage about 12 hours after charger shuts off and what is pack voltage after the cart sits for 4 or 5 days?

That should tell us if the batteries are being fully charged and how fast they are self-discharging.

FWIW: My cart is barely used at all during colder weather and only used 2-3 times a week in warmer weather, but when it isn't being driven it is connected to a charger that float charges after the regular charge cycle ends and I start out each trip at 100% SoC.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The RXV tow switch operates differently. The switch should be in the run position for extended storage. If left in the tow position the batteries will discharge. This has to do with the parking brake which is mechanical but electrically released in the tow position with N selected.

Ref. page 6 of the owners manual
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
The RXV tow switch operates differently. The switch should be in the run position for extended storage. If left in the tow position the batteries will discharge. This has to do with the parking brake which is mechanical but electrically released in the tow position with N selected.

Ref. page 6 of the owners manual
Thanks for the info, I stand corrected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO