lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Wjmulder
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Powerdrive2 charger

Was having issues with my powerdrive2 Charger, needle would peg backwards and Charger got very hot. Ordered the rebuild kit from revolution golf cars, Quick shipment and contact from David was great. Installed new parts in about 20 minutes and all issues resolved. Thanks David and revolution golf cars!
Wjmulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive2 charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjmulder View Post
Was having issues with my powerdrive2 Charger, needle would peg backwards and Charger got very hot. Ordered the rebuild kit from revolution golf cars, Quick shipment and contact from David was great. Installed new parts in about 20 minutes and all issues resolved. Thanks David and revolution golf cars!
Thanks for your business. Too bad all the chargers aren't as simple as the PD2. It's by far the cheapest and easiest to repair.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
ClubCarDSIQ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How do you find out which Powerdrive charger you have. I have a 2002 DSIQ (just got it about a week ago), and the model number on the back is 17930-11. Is this the Powerdrive One? Fortunately, it seems to be working okay but the D/C end outer insulation is compromised so I plan to use some heavy duty adhesive heat shrink to prolong its life. Since I plan to go Lithium in the not too distant future, and therefore a whole new charging system etc., my hope is that it will last until then. If not, I will change it out for a longer D/C cable.
Thanks,
Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Thanks for your business. Too bad all the chargers aren't as simple as the PD2. It's by far the cheapest and easiest to repair.
ClubCarDSIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDSIQ View Post
How do you find out which Powerdrive charger you have. I have a 2002 DSIQ (just got it about a week ago), and the model number on the back is 17930-11. Is this the Powerdrive One? Fortunately, it seems to be working okay but the D/C end outer insulation is compromised so I plan to use some heavy duty adhesive heat shrink to prolong its life. Since I plan to go Lithium in the not too distant future, and therefore a whole new charging system etc., my hope is that it will last until then. If not, I will change it out for a longer D/C cable.
Thanks,
Don
You just answered your own question. 17930 is the model number and it's often referred to as the original PowerDrive charger or the PD1.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #5
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

What can be done to the charger so it doesn’t get to hot? Mine gets to the point to where u can’t touch it without almost burning your hand .
Winyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is a little hot for a PD2, PD3's do it mostly, but in either case, you can place a small desk top fan next to it to blow on it, or you can check with Sergio, I am pretty sure he told me one time he hooked up a fan with a run relay so it blows on the charger when in service...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:29 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Use a "Master/Controlled" type surge protector like the one below to both protect the charger from lightning and to automatically run the fan anytime the charger runs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car