lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #11
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tire pressure

Looked again and you're right. 36psi to seat the bead and 5psi normal. But 5psi sounds way too low. Should I run it at 5psi if that is what the sidewall says? FYI, I have different tires front and back. Bought it that way. But both are the same size and style. Front is Desert Fox AT and the rears are Sahara Classic Excel. So I'm running 10psi in the fronts when the sidewall calls for 5 psi. I only drive it on the streets.
jb2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2018, 04:58 AM   #12
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it is molded into the sidewall they mean it. Don't exceed the mfr's max numbers. If you want or need tires with higher ratings then change them. While you are studying the sidewalls you could check the max weight ratings of the tires too. I wouldn't use high speed or carry heavy loads with tires calling for a max pressure of 5psi.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Don't go less that ten-lbs. If you smack a hole with low air pressure, your tire can pop off the rim.

Ask me how I know this.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #14
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

This is one of those topics that just amazes me. A lot of us carters are also RV owners and some may follow their forums also so will know where I'm coming from. The RV guys (and gals) get really crazy about air pressures. They weigh their motorhomes front, back and individual corners. Then they access the tire manufacturers inflation chart to see the prescribed inflation for the weight on each corner. Varying pressure front to back and side to side. I even saw one guy who claimed he adjusted his pressures during his trips since the pressure increased from temperature changes.

I've logged about five million miles in my driving career and just shake my head at this. Very few RV owners will ever wear out a set of tires based on mileage, yet they worry about wear from improper inflation to these extremes. It's beyond amazing.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Weight is the number one reason RV travelers have blow outs . Most 5th wheels and travel trailers have E load range tires, which is fine if you only put in the recommended loaded weight . But everyone (full times mostly) stuff it full and exceeds the weight limits of the tires . The lower you are from rated pressure the less the can handle .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I'd do just like Rooster said; if it's imprinted on the sidewall, it's meant to follow.

My Carlise 22" knobby tires run around 5-8 psi if I'm not mistaken. Plus side of running such low pressure tires is a better ride quality (softer) vs the 20+psi tires.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Plus side of running such low pressure tires is a better ride quality (softer) vs the 20+psi tires.
But when we air them up good and tall we get more tire height, which generally relates to more speed....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #18
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Tire pressure should be depending on load of vehicle. Some tires are used on different vehicles. Off road tires are meant to be run at lower pressure.

The best way is to adjust pressure so that the tire has the best contact with the road. My airplane weighted 1450 lbs max weight. My tires were at 16 lbs. the same tires on another airplane that weighted 2300 lbs max were aired up to 25 lbs.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car