lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replace Temp Sensor Thermistor QUIQ ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Okay may be a foul but maybe this one http://www.evdrives.com/product_p/cgr-475-0348.htm I would call and ask.
called them, they tell me not compatible and they do not have one that is. They referred me to ezgo whom I am sure will want to sell entire charge port.

Surely there is a solution to this short of buying a new charge port. If it were mine, I would just put the resistor in, but I build carts for other people and worry about possible damages if battery overheated.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Try fullriver next. The only other option is to change the profile in the charger to one that doesn't require a temp sensor. If this is a OEM Ezgo version of the QuiQ, it will have only one profile installed (and 9 free slots for more). Ezgo, and delta-q will say "can't be changed", but that's because the contract with Ezgo requires they don't tell you how to modify OEM equipment. I assure you it can... I have done so many I can't count. I'm thinking about starting to make some myself, if no one wants to offer the correct one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #13
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Try fullriver next. The only other option is to change the profile in the charger to one that doesn't require a temp sensor. If this is a OEM Ezgo version of the QuiQ, it will have only one profile installed (and 9 free slots for more). Ezgo, and delta-q will say "can't be changed", but that's because the contract with Ezgo requires they don't tell you how to modify OEM equipment. I assure you it can... I have done so many I can't count. I'm thinking about starting to make some myself, if no one wants to offer the correct one.
Talking to fullriver now, trying to figure out what will work. If you go to this link

http://www.fullriverbattery.com/seri...ttery-chargers

and click on Accessories, they have several versions and variations of that sensor. Hopefully they can tell me which one will work.

If I had a QUIQ programmer or a cheap source for one, I would definitely go that route
Old 07-17-2018, 04:17 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

I forgot to mention that I got my programmer from fullriver, I think it was $100. If you are gonna be working on QuiQ chargers regularly, it's a real bargan.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #15
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I forgot to mention that I got my programmer from fullriver, I think it was $100. If you are gonna be working on QuiQ chargers regularly, it's a real bargan.
This is the last message I got from fullriver about temp sensor:

"Ok this is something that thermistor will not repair. This is something you need to go back to EZ-GO and see if they can help. We have no repair products for EZ GO stuff. Sorry we can’t be of further help.

Blue Lohse"
Old 07-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, I decided to characterize the temp sensor. It was made from only 3 data points so you will have to forgive the crudeness. Vertical is "degrees Celsius", Horizontal is "thousands of ohms".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180718_113708.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Here is the sensor with the black box removed, and the ring terminal removed. Color code from leads to tip are brown, black, orange, gold. I am not having great luck decoding it, maybe you can try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180718_123806537.jpg (24.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The color codes indicate a 10kΩ 5% NTC thermistor and your graph looks pretty close to the NTC curve in the datasheet for that value.

10kΩ 5% NTC Thermistor device:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...eGkdbngw%3D%3D

Pre-assembled 10kΩ 2% NTC Thermistor device with M3 stud hole:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...32FwWM6A%3d%3d
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

That's awesome! Thanks!
Old 07-18-2018, 11:48 PM   #20
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
That's awesome! Thanks!
Here is latest from Fullriver:

"Here is a possible solution? But, this is unorthodoxed and I request that you let me know if this works if and when you decide to go this route. This part is for another charger, but, you mentioned about the 2 wires black and red. “Inside the grey wire feeding the thermistor is two small like 22 guage wires, red and black.”

Part number : 475-0348
Cost : $14.50 + shipping"

Pic looks right, but have no idea if it will work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image003.jpg (9.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO