lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2018, 12:24 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Replace Temp Sensor Thermistor QUIQ ?

I would go for it, I bet it will work. Im betting Ezgo didn't spec a sensor with different values than delta-q already had in their catalog, that would have costed extra money, and the Ezgo bean counters wouldn't like that. The "smart" part of the charge port on the cart is already made by delta-q for Ezgo. Ezgo and delta-q already know all these answers, but the way the contract is written they aren't supposed to easily reveal these "proprietary details" to us dealers and end-users. Don't ya know, we are supposed to take it to a authorized dealer and fork over the dough for a whole new port. I work at a authorized dealer, am certified by Ezgo, and they wouldn't tell me either. If I wasted my time calling Ezgo, all they would offer me is the part number for a whole new charge port. That's why I'm willing to take the time to test these things and post the info I find. With the help of other members, we found more than one solution. That's what's great about this place. I'm also glad fullriver treated you pretty good as they always have done for me too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2018, 06:53 AM   #22
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Here is latest from Fullriver:

"Here is a possible solution? But, this is unorthodoxed and I request that you let me know if this works if and when you decide to go this route. This part is for another charger, but, you mentioned about the 2 wires black and red. “Inside the grey wire feeding the thermistor is two small like 22 guage wires, red and black.”

Part number : 475-0348
Cost : $14.50 + shipping"

Pic looks right, but have no idea if it will work
I did not realize it, this is the same part that was suggested previously in this thread and when I called edrives about it, they insisted it would not work.

I am going to speak to fullriver again and see if they have some info to suggest that edrives is wrong.

see the first post on page 2 of this thread at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...or-quiq-2.html
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 AM   #23
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The color codes indicate a 10kΩ 5% NTC thermistor and your graph looks pretty close to the NTC curve in the datasheet for that value.

10kΩ 5% NTC Thermistor device:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...eGkdbngw%3D%3D

Pre-assembled 10kΩ 2% NTC Thermistor device with M3 stud hole:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...32FwWM6A%3d%3d
So, the item in the second link above would pretty much be a direct replacement if we had a way to mount to battery? Obviously the hole in the ring/lug would not be large enough to fit over the battery terminal.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #24
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The color codes indicate a 10kΩ 5% NTC thermistor and your graph looks pretty close to the NTC curve in the datasheet for that value.

10kΩ 5% NTC Thermistor device:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...eGkdbngw%3D%3D

Pre-assembled 10kΩ 2% NTC Thermistor device with M3 stud hole:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...32FwWM6A%3d%3d
OK, thanks to the special efforts of Sergio, CGTech, and Kevin a QUIQ rep who went beyond the norm, I think we may now have an "off the shelf" low cost solution. Below is the info Kevin at QUIQ provided me (notice how he sidestepped the EZGO proprietary BS).

From Kevin at QUIQ, note his third answer below:

"See answers to your questions inline.

1. Are all the temp sensors you referenced below the same except for the wires?
Yes, they are the same except for the length of the wires.

2. Is the actual temp sensor itself (without regard to wiring or connections) that is used by ezgo the same as any/all sensors below OR
Unfortunately, as E-Z-GO control the charger port, I do not have information on what is used for EZGO parts.

3. The temp sensor used by ezgo appears to be a basic 10kΩ 5% NTC thermistor, can you confirm that is what is used in any or all of the items below (or tell me the thermistor value/rating from below)
I can confirm that the 3 part numbers for the thermistor I listed above use a 10kΩ 5% NTC thermistor/

Best Regards,

Kevin Chang"

These are the QUIQ Part numbers kevin gave me that have the 10kΩ 5% NTC thermistor:
900-0059 Isolated Temp Sensor 140mm Bare Wires
900-0060 Isolated Temp Sensor 1.2m Bare Wires
900-0056 Isolated Temp Sensor 3m Shielded Bare Wires
Old 10-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #25
namyot11
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Here is latest from Fullriver:

"Here is a possible solution? But, this is unorthodoxed and I request that you let me know if this works if and when you decide to go this route. This part is for another charger, but, you mentioned about the 2 wires black and red. “Inside the grey wire feeding the thermistor is two small like 22 guage wires, red and black.”

Part number : 475-0348
Cost : $14.50 + shipping"

Pic looks right, but have no idea if it will work
I ordered the 475-0438, cut off the excess wire, spliced it in and it works. Blue at full river told me it would work, and it did.
namyot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #26
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by namyot11 View Post
I ordered the 475-0438, cut off the excess wire, spliced it in and it works. Blue at full river told me it would work, and it did.
You typed a different part number than what is in the quote of Fullriver. I'm assuming the Fullriver quote is correct?
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #27
namyot11
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Sorry, I must be dyslexic today. 475-0348 is the correct number. What pissed me off was that they charged $18.00 UPS shipping for a $14.50 wire and it took 5 days. For $7.00 it could have shipped USPS and been here in 2 days.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #28
namyot11
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

I think Southeastern Euipment carries the sensor wire too.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #29
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This is obviously a common problem. I am reading that the one from ev will work but they say it won’t. 2 questions, anyone know how much it is from Fullriver and anyone try the solution from mouser ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #30
namyot11
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

As I stated in an earlier in this thread, it was $14.50 + shipping from FullRiver. After splicing it in, it worked fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO